All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
it may be a little biased on the gti forum, but which do you prefer r32 or ed30?
JonnyG:
They're both great cars, but quite different to drive :happy2:
It depends what you want from your car, and the roads you drive on most -
the Ed 30 is tuneable, lighter and more "chuckable", cheaper to run, has turbo punch at motorway speeds :wink:
the R32 sounds great, has superb traction, is completely surefooted in nearly all conditions and grips like supreglue :laugh:
BeezerDiesel:
Another problem is that you can't hear the R32 engine all that well anyway once the windows are up, the air-con on and the tunes coming out of the speakers.
Having said all this though, should my engine decide to go bang next week I'd seriously consider putting an R32/3.2 A3 engine into my Golf's engine bay and use it with the FWD set up (okay, I may be in dreamland here but for the costs involved in 2.0 rebuild vs second hand V6 I think it would be a possibility and I like to be a little left field).
TDI front springs and R32 brakes to handle the weight, GTI nose and R32 rear - does it for me!!!!
Okay, it's just a dream!!! :grin:
SO8:
R32 ... though I bought an Ed 30.
When I got the Ed 30 the R32 was silly expensive, terrible on fuel and with road tax from hell (or at least soon to be!)
The situation is now reversed for purchase price and they are far more appealing to me. I could put up with the fuel bills and tax if saving 7 K on the car in the first place ....
The noise and 4wd is very, very appealing .... that said I spent £500 on a remap which turns the Ed30 into something you can't get for that money in an R32 ... :evilgrin:
I think in time the Ed30 will be more sought after .... but I'd love an R32. Both are superb.
Hedge:
My mate just popped round this evening in his new(ish) '58 plate black R32.
Sorely tempted but its the Edition 30 for me.
182_blue:
Actually R32 with twin turbos :evilgrin:
i know its a MK4 but you get the idea http://colorgolfsigns.com/173
swallow my knob :laugh:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version