Make a donation

Author Topic: Not as fast  (Read 1350 times)

Offline cruicky

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Not as fast
« on: March 12, 2012, 08:54:50 pm »
So today my wee brother changed out my HPFP sensor (only the sensor was broken and he did it on his lunch) and car is not longer running in EPC (think that is it). 

Now my missus is saying the car is 100% better but not as fast as when we got it, i am offshore at the moment so cant see, and i have been thinking this also, when we first got the car it felt really fast, but now i dont know if im used to the speed or it is slower, its still fast but not as fast as i thought it was.
Could this be down to the DV, i dont think it has ever been changed so will not be rev D (gti 06)
Also alot of ppl on here talk about hearing the turbo spool up and when they lift off pedal they here a slight hiss dont hear any of this.

Regards Paul

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
Re: Not as fast
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 10:14:05 pm »
Could be a torn dv. The only way to really tell is to remove it from the turbo and eyeball the diaphragm for splits.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 10:48:48 pm »
apparently another way to tell if the DV is torn is to remove the dipstick while the engine is running...if it starts to run rough, then the DV is fine. If it doesn't make a difference, the DV is most likely torn/damaged.

dictated but not written  :happy2:
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 11:00:18 pm »
That's carp. Removing the dipstick will highlight if there is a PCV fault not DV problem.  :confused:

The only way to confirm a DV problem is log requested vs actual boost plus the N75 duty cycle.

Is your car mapped and did your brother disconnect the battery?  :smiley:

Offline cruicky

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 11:29:35 pm »
Car is not mapped (i wish but we have to kids so im NOT allowed :) )
Im offshore at the mo, but i dont think he would have, he works for Honda, so knows what he is doing, and thinking it was slower happened befor the HPFP sensore snapped.

Thanks.