Make a donation

Author Topic: No track names in Highline  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
No track names in Highline
« on: March 12, 2012, 10:59:36 pm »
As the title really. Currently have an RCD300 mp3 which shows the file names and mp3 info but this does not transfer over into the highline. Is there anything I can do about this? I am planning on an RNS510 further down the line. Here are some picks to show you what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
Re: No track names in Highline
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 10:23:00 pm »
RCD300 unfortunately will not communicate the track names to the highline cluster as far as i'm aware... the only ones which do this is the 'newer' generation ones i.e. RCD310/510, RNS510

now get yourself a Kufatec Fiscon Basic Plus handsfree kit with the MFA+ to make full use of that highline!

:happy2:
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 11:12:48 pm »
Ok thanks. Thought that might have been the case. Like I say i will be going down the RNS510 route soon so hopefully won't be an issue then.

Am I correct in thinking this Fiscon handsfree is to do with handsfree mobile use? TBH its not very often anyone rings me lol.

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 06:03:04 am »
lol

well yup the fiscon is a bluetooth handsfree which has got their MFA+ built into it, so you get two items in one, cheaper option is to just go for the basic unit like i did - got a used one for 140 from ebay.de, works great

and once you've got the RNS you'll see the full potential of the highline with regards to showing you all the nav instructions etc
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 01:09:21 pm »
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one and having a play. Have heard good things.