All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
I need some help and advice please
Rich:
Hi,
As some of your probably know i'm getting a wide arch kit for my car soon ( its on order now )
It will look dinky without spacers as you probably an imagine.
I'm having trouble with the wheel spacer bit - its confusing me and would like my good friends here to help me out :smiley:
For e.g
If i was going to get these spaces from Eibach:-
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3886583
I'd need longer wheel bolts/studs right ?
Now which bolts do you go for ?? -:
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/manufacturers_subcategory.mhtml?category=wheels&manufacturer=grayston
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=graystonboltsloose;car=vwgolf5;manufacturer=grayston;sub_category=1
I'm guessing if i just order a e.g 15mil spacer - i'll only need 33m length bolts ( will they be too long ? )
My mate Mark who is fitting the kit will know what i need, but i thought i'd ask you guys on this.
Sorry if im acting dumb here - i've a funny feeling its dead simple :ashamed:
Rich:
Also,
Bildon Motorsport who im buying the kit said this to me.
"Over 13mm and you run the chance of putting too much vertical stress on the studs. Never use spacers with wheel bolts btw"
Understand the 13m bit.. but never use spacers with wheel bolts ??? - i'm assuming use studs - getting confused with bolts/studs :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
gazbutS3:
give DPM a call pal, I got H&R spacers from them and they came with longer bolts :happy2:
Top Cat:
I would get some new rims with the correct offset to fill the arches, look for something with a deep dish. :happy2:
I dont think 15 mil spacers would go anywhere near filling the arches :driver:
Rich:
Hey,
Thanks for helping me out - really appreciate - like brothers :smiley: :happy2:
This looks a good site http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/manranges.asp
These come with bolts supplied i see - this look ok to you ? - i should hope 30 mil is enough each side.
I have 19"s on already and they are right near the arches.
Topcat - i just bought myself a set of BBS 19" rims - dont really want to sell em :sad:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version