All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Is this you TC?

<< < (5/17) > >>

Greeners:
Willy waving anyone?  :grin:

I think Mr Jules is taking it all to heart!  :chicken:

RunRabbit:
"Lesser Models" ?? Hardly, with R prices through the floor there's nout in the price. I'd much rather own an ED30 than an .:R

pazz:

--- Quote from: DubwayDan on May 06, 2009, 09:45:33 pm ---think theyre just jealous i can get 39mpg  :evilgrin:

--- End quote ---

Thats probably a fair comment. But if your not doing many miles, then MPG figures are just numbers at the end of the day.


--- Quote from: DubwayDan on May 06, 2009, 09:45:33 pm ---engine spec:

bmc cda filter
forge bov spacer
revo stage 1
--- End quote ---

I've heard about these spacers/adapters which supposedly make a true atmospheric dump of the usually recycled air. Not sure how well this would go down with the DSG box. In the past I have always found fully atmospheric dump valve's tended to make gear changes very lumpy. (In contrast to the smooth change the DSG box has.)

Toast:
Just laughed my way through those 4 pages on R32oc.com  :grin:  The guy is seriously miffed  :P

pazz:

--- Quote from: RunRabbit on May 06, 2009, 10:10:29 pm ---I'd much rather own an ED30 than an .:R

--- End quote ---

Heres interesting reading:

R32 Power-to-weight = 163 bhp/tonne

ED30 Power-to-weight = 167 bhp/tonne

GTi Power-to-weight = 148 bhp/tonne

All information taken from parkers "facts and figures" website using stock figures.
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/

I know which one I'd choose, oh wait, I already did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version