Make a donation

Author Topic: my new ed30. (pic heavy - comments welcome)  (Read 26725 times)

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Re: my new ed30. (pic heavy - comments welcome)
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 11:10:57 pm »
Cheers guys thanks for all the comments. I have some new shiny bits I need to fit this week so will hopefully get is spotless and get some nice shots. Osir engine cover, Carbonia air intake, carbon mirror covers (as a temp measure until I can grow enough balls to spend £340 on full replacements haha)

I am thinking of keeping these wheels for winter as they have pirelli winter tyres on them and then get some 3sdm 0.05s for summer. I would never get rid of these wheels, although I did recently and foolishly curb them so maybe a refurb in satin black may be in order.

Would anybody know anyone who is selling or has a spare engine cover? Mine is cracked ( I didn't crack it) I went to vw they don't sell it in pieces just as a full set up at like 200 and I don't need it all.

When and where is gti international? I am sure me and my mate could make it!!

Hi Adam, How bad is the curbing? I have a mint set powder coated in Satin Black that I was going to sell or I did contemplate refurbing back to silver. Could be interested in a swap???
Also, I think the satin black looks a thousand times better on a red car rather silver  :ashamed:

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2012, 05:37:55 pm »
its not too mad at all mate. one wheel has more than the others. but non of it is deep. where are you based? and what tyres do they have as mine has pirelli winter tyres. but yeh i would be interested in a trade. isnt yours on OZ wheels? i think they look pretty good tbh mate!
ED30 tornado red, 3 door, carbonia intake, osir engine cover, h&r springs (ordered) Milltek cat back (ordered)

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 09:22:09 am »
yesterday my car was parked outside work, the one time i leave it outside work rather than in the carpark at the back. this happened.

i am really annoyed. does anybody know any body shops which do good work and aren't too expensive. i have a few little blemishes on the bumper bar this so i think i will just get the full bumper re painted.
ED30 tornado red, 3 door, carbonia intake, osir engine cover, h&r springs (ordered) Milltek cat back (ordered)

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 02:34:02 pm »
A few little pictures from yesterday.

Some are in baildon carpark after we cleaned them and some are up curly hill in ilkley. Hope you like them (sorry for the poor quality. iPhone pictures)

Little montage for instagram

Put some laminex yellow film on my fogs yesterday too and ordered my milltek. Hi res pics will defiantly be done once that's on. Feel free to comment, once again sorry for the poor quality pictures.

Saintsteve

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 05:01:01 pm »
 :congrats:

:happy2:

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 08:52:13 pm »
Hey guys got my engine cover. Fitted my carbon parts today after work. Will get a better one soon. Need to put the badge on etc and give it a clean underneath. But I'm pleased to have it coming together. Hope you like it.

Offline BenJeffrey

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 12:13:07 pm »
Alrite buddy,

Loving the ED30, wish I could get insurance on one!
Saw the first picture at the Cow & Calf, from Skipton and work in Otley so i'm another local near you guys, i've seen your mates Polo knocking around as well  :happy2:

Liking it!

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 08:12:10 pm »
Recommend a bodyshop near skipton that Whiterose VW use.

Silver Star, Body Repair Centre.
Park Lane, Carleton, Skipton, BD23 3DJ
Tel 01756 700211.

Also have details of a good place in Horsforth, which i will try find for you, recently did a very good job if my mates berry red mk4 V5.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 11:19:52 pm »
That would be really hands as I work in headingley. Cheers mate! I am getting a guy to do it tomorrow but if he does a crap job I'll want it fully repainted.

Tel 01756 700211.

Also have details of a good place in Horsforth, which i will try find for you, recently did a very good job if my mates berry red mk4 V5.

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 02:04:51 am »
lowered the back of my car today, i will do the fronts in a few days. got h&r springs in the end as recommended by scopes so really appreciate his help!

it was late when we finished but got a few poor shots. its freshly washed too i thought the water looked pretty cool! let me know if you like it :)

milltek in the next few days so pics wil follow for that too...

sorry they are all similar.

another poor iphone/instagram pic here but shows the drop..

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 10:35:04 pm »
Lovely car fella  :congrats:

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2012, 07:02:58 pm »
Sorry can no longer recommend the bodyshop in Horsforth as they have just done two shocking bits of work on a friends car and are being funny about rectifying it.

Collected the Leon from 'Silverstar' and again the work is spot on, lunar grey spot on colour match!  :happy2:

That would be really hands as I work in headingley. Cheers mate! I am getting a guy to do it tomorrow but if he does a crap job I'll want it fully repainted.

Tel 01756 700211.

mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2012, 06:21:57 pm »
Hi Ben, was thinking we should get some people from over here and go for a drive, and get some good shots. There is a sweet drive which starts by goig up curly hill in ilkley and it's about 100 miles round trip, but need to find the route :)

Alrite buddy,

Loving the ED30, wish I could get insurance on one!
Saw the first picture at the Cow & Calf, from Skipton and work in Otley so i'm another local near you guys, i've seen your mates Polo knocking around as well  :happy2:

Liking it!

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 11:45:18 pm »
Few Quick iPhone snaps after I my wheels back on. I am super happy with it now. It's got it's springs on and it's milltek on (although it needs adjusting) and my wheels and centre caps. Few more bits here and there and I'm done spending for a few months haha. I hope you like it, I realise some people will and some will hate it but I think it looks sweet (in the long windows when you drive part) ha

In 100% honesty the wheels have a few minor dust marks on them but now they are on you don't see it at all.

Let me know what you think, ill get some better res ones in the next week or so :)

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 11:56:50 pm »
Nailing the red centre caps there Adam  :pomppomp: Like it.

This is a small idea I have for whatever I've got next.
Gold Pescaras is also ace, I remember another forum member with them in gold on a black ED30 and it worked a treat there too.

Some rear spacers would make the rear stance slightly naughtier too, but just a thought. I did the same till I ran 8J wheels with a more stance friendly offset. I'm not even close to properly low either - just something I found that you may prefer too  :happy2:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door