All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Major Monza II info required
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: winrya on May 07, 2009, 09:19:11 pm ---
makes we wonder who made mine. All of mine were swapped under warranty a year ago??
--- End quote ---
....Better that they are all the same rather than mixed, imo.
182_blue:
Did you actually check the wheel before it was sent off, I.e could it have always been a Ronal ?
BeezerDiesel:
What company did you send the wheel off to? When I had my last Golf, I sent the Monza IIs off to Pristine and they said that to keep time scales to a minimum they try and keep a stock of alloys in so they can just recieve the damaged ones, inspect them and if all is okay they will return the already refurbished stock wheels. This was for a full set mind you and they didn't have enough stock of them when I sent mine away about 2 years or so ago so actually refurbed my supplied wheels.
Maybe this is what the refurbishers did to you and inadvertantly sent you a different spec wheel. Have you spoken to them about it?
Also the reason the finish on the paint is different on the Ronal could be that it has already been refurbished and the standard isn't quite as high as an OE factory finish.
I'm sure if you speak to them they could explain.
Also, just for fellow anoraks out there, Ronal make the Monza alloys on the Polo GTI too. I thank you :wink:
RedRobin:
....
Reading this thread makes me even more glad that I decided to powdercoat my original BBS Monza's and not refurb at Pristine etc. When I visited Pristine I wasn't very impressed by their lacklustre attitude, though they do have a very good reputation.
tony_danza:
A 2kg heavier wheel becomes more like 8kg once it's spinning.
I would NOT want 1 only on the car, you need the same stuff on the same axle.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version