All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Major Monza II info required

<< < (5/7) > >>

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: tony_danza on May 08, 2009, 09:37:23 am ---A 2kg heavier wheel becomes more like 8kg once it's spinning.

I would NOT want 1 only on the car, you need the same stuff on the same axle.


--- End quote ---

....Exactly!! It's the same as it is for tyres.

This is my point - I think it's actually potentially unsafe and irresponsible for any wheel supplier/refurber to supply different wheels without also giving very clear information.

If it's happened to you, and you care, then do something about it! Don't just moan about it on a car forum - Write to VW UK for a start.

The wheel man:
Doesnt sound right this....

As TC said, i had these wheels changed over at Leicester VW some time last year (November ish) and although i diddnt look at the back of the wheels to see who made them (i still ttough the BBS made them all) i and very competant in checking wheels for faults / blemished etc as this is what i do for a living.  in all the time i had them i never noticed any difference on any of the wheels.

To me they have made an error and supplied you with someone else wheel.

I would be straight on the phone asking for your wheel back  :mad:

winrya:

--- Quote from: winrya on May 07, 2009, 09:19:11 pm ---makes we wonder who made mine. All of mine were swapped under warranty a year ago??

I can't say i've noticed a difference if they are different.

Remember and differences in finish will more than likely be down to the refurb.

I'll be interested to see if they weigh the same

--- End quote ---

I've just checked this morning and can confirm my wheels are still all bbs versions:)

Top Cat:

--- Quote from: snapey on May 07, 2009, 09:07:15 pm ---
The Ronal's are 1.9KG heavier than the BBS's (With tyres) so for argument sake 2.0KG

Luke


--- End quote ---

Luke or anyone. Could you tell me where the information was obtained about the weight differences please, I have never found anywhere that gives you the weight of either types.  :happy2:

snapey:
The weight was obtained using the scales in my house, obviously they are not calibrated or anything but regardless of that it's not going to throw it out hugely. I think the bbs were 22.1kg and the ronal 24 kg dead. This was just comparing the two so it may well vary with every batch.

But on the plus side I get my wheel back on Monday  :smiley:



Luke

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version