All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Miltek TBE on ED 30 question

(1/3) > >>

SO8:
Still thinking about this on my Edition 30 ....

Spoke to Miltek today and the guy confused me a bit.  He confirmed a full TBE (which is what I would do) is only suitable or a remapped Ed 30 due to the exhaust gas temperatures which would be too low on a standard car and bring up the emissions / engine management light.  Not a problem I thought as I have a Superchips remap ...

Question - does the remap need actually telling the Miltek is in place.  He lost me a bit saying the lamda sensor reading would confuse even a remapped Ed 30 unless it knew the TBE was installed ?  Have I got him wrong ?

I have an old DSG stage 1 file on my Superchips Ed 30 .... Do I have to go to Stage 2 with it's increased torque and slightly more power ?  I know they will email me the file ... just I'd quite like to still have the option of what I am running at the moment ....

Any ideas - can I leave it at Stage one without getting the light appear on the dash ?

Greeners:
You shouldn't 'have' to go ST2 if you don't want to, but SC will update your map FOC once you tell them you have gone TBE!

Don't even give it a second thought, behind the re-map itself it's the best mod I have done on my ED!  :happy2:

SteveP:
I had the stage 1 SC map (the one your on now) with the TBE Milltek for a few days without issues, I am now on the newer Stg 2 map and while it's got way more torque I find it just as smooth and progressive as before  :happy2:

Hedge:
I have a full Milltek TBE and am currently running the Xmas update for stage 1.

No problems seen so far. :smiley:
The choice should be yours.

SO8:
Thanks for the replies ... it's either a full Miltek TBE or a set of Akrapovic cans for my bike  :wink:  or both   :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version