Make a donation

Author Topic: ******** BTCC 2012 Thread ********  (Read 53015 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: ******** BTCC 2012 Thread ********
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 07:14:07 pm »
^^^^
Although JP is a very talented driver indeed I thought it was OTT too. I didn't like the way he tried to blame Sheddon and the fact that he kept his helmet on so long for interview seemed to indicate he feared a very angry Gordon and knew he was in the wrong - Just a vibe I got from his body language.

The ruling body needs to draw the line somewhere otherwise everyone will do it and it won't be a competition for the best driver. Anyone can shove another car from behind - It's not the greatest skill.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2012, 07:32:34 pm »
Plato was clearly quicker on all areas of the track so if the guy in front was determined he wasn't going to get past there was only going to be one outcome.

If it was anyone else who gave Sheddon a 'love tap' it would have passed by virtually unnoticed.

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2012, 07:41:19 pm »
Plato was clearly quicker on all areas of the track so if the guy in front was determined he wasn't going to get past there was only going to be one outcome.

If it was anyone else who gave Sheddon a 'love tap' it would have passed by virtually unnoticed.

That's your opinion, mine is that he does it too often.   :happy2:

Edit - Can anyone verify the below?  From the Web today........

SunSport columnist Plato crossed the line second but was later hit with a two second penalty and relegated to third by race officials.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:48:52 pm by QD »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2012, 07:47:34 pm »

That's your opinion, mine is that he does it too often.   :happy2:

....Mine too.

It was just so blatent (again!). But what's done is done and I guess there isn't going to be a Stewards Investigation.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2012, 08:03:15 pm »
Without verifying the data from both cars whats to say Flash didn't brake early??

Agreed Plato does seem to be involved in many 'incidents' of this kind, but thats why I like him, he has an aggressive gung ho racing style and he's always exciting to watch!  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 08:07:04 pm »
^^^^
True and I think a proper inquiry would clarify matters and help clear the air.

Personally I don't warm to Plato at all but no matter.  :happy2:

Offline sideshowfred

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2012, 08:22:08 pm »
Just got back home from this, what a brilliant day. Weather held out too which was nice. Got an autograph from Ollie Jackson too but was sad the Golf didn't come back out for the second and third races. Now gotta go through 7 hours worth of ITV4 coverage to check if i can see myself and see all the bits i missed  :grin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2012, 08:28:52 pm »
Plato is ace.  Most entertaining driver by a lon shot in BTCC.  Jackson and newsham are also good to watch.

I can see where shedden is coming from, if hes faster then pull alongside, that was a definite 100yard shove, but he was being slowed up for the entire lap...

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2012, 08:39:25 pm »
I generally have no problem with Plato but that attack on Sheddon was out of order.

When Plato does it to someone else it's 'rubbing' but when anyone does it him it's out of order and too aggressive.

Sheddon should get Matt Neal to chin him.  :laugh:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2012, 08:43:22 pm »
2 sec penalty for Plato and Jackson disqualified.  :surprised:

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2929

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2012, 08:51:54 pm »

2 sec penalty for Plato and Jackson disqualified.  :surprised:

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2929

....I think that's very fair.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2012, 09:06:47 pm »

I agree with Ian on the Plato comment.  He likes to rub with other people but goes nuts if people do it to him.

That sounds about right with Jackson.  The sudden lead he was managing to pull out was massive, almost as if he had a an overboost button that he pressed to get himself a gap.

I thought Collard had a pretty obvious jump start on the first race, but nothing seem sot have come of it.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2012, 09:13:49 pm »
AmD Golf had a brand new engine fitted overnight but unfortunately the mapping they had for the previous engine wasn't working right so Shaun decided to call it a day after Race 1 to prevent any possible damage to the fresh engine. They're gonna get it mapped properly before Thruxton in 2 weeks time.

As for JP doing his trade mark move once again, you just knew he would "bump" flash off at some point before the end of the race. He is a good driver don't doubt that, but he can be a dirty bugger too when things don't go his way. I clapped (as did a few others) when he went in to the tyres in Race 2 when he tried to squeeze Collard.   :grin:

I was supporting Frank Wrathall as my employer sponsors the Dynojet team. He was doing some cracking over takes at old hairpin but kept making mistakes and giving places back.

Was a good weekend of entertainment anyway.

But Donny P needs to sort out its on day ticket sales / entry/exit system for race goers. A few almost started fights with the security due to forcing everyone out via 1 little gate before getting to the car park!  :fighting:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2012, 09:14:29 pm »
I generally have no problem with Plato but that attack on Sheddon was out of order.

When Plato does it to someone else it's 'rubbing' but when anyone does it him it's out of order and too aggressive.

Sheddon should get Matt Neal to chin him.  :laugh:

Again!  :signLOL:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2012, 09:16:27 pm »
I'm surprised no one has moaned about the apparent pace of the MG. I wonder if they're running more boost than everyone else cos JP can get that car coming out of corners much faster than others