Make a donation

Author Topic: ******** BTCC 2012 Thread ********  (Read 53005 times)

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: ******** BTCC 2012 Thread ********
« Reply #180 on: October 08, 2012, 06:29:42 pm »
I know what you mean lee about him being dirty and I do agree. However just to put it in perspective, he moved from 20th to 1st through the race which means he was obviously moving at a considerably faster pace than his rivals. When going that much faster due to the way the chassis is setup and no ballast etc... And people hold him up you can't just sit there in fairness. As I say I do agree but he has proved how good a driver he is and it's not all just because he's dirty, if you watched some of the lines he took and how tight he took them he was on the grass on a lot of corners to get a tighter line and I may be wrong but I think throughout the 22 laps he nudged 3 people and they weren't harsh nudges. Dont forget as the saying goes rubbings racing! :wink:

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #181 on: October 08, 2012, 06:47:57 pm »
You've just explained the reaon why there's no need for him to rub / nudge / bump his way thru to the front. He car was the fastest by far and can somehow turn into corners a lot tighter than others. He had the pace...but I guess he just likes to entertain so does bit of bump and grind instead to get by and give the crowds something to shout about.

:happy2:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: October 08, 2012, 07:31:39 pm »
I'd say Matt Neal bully's his way through the field far more than JP. Sheddon was side swapping on Sunday a fair bit too!!

Go and watch a Touring Car DVD from the late 80's early 90's and you'll see what pussy's they are now moaning about a little bit of bum rubbing!  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #183 on: October 08, 2012, 10:27:11 pm »
Irrespective of how much bumping and rubbing there is or has been in BTCC history, I simply don't like Plato's personality.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: October 08, 2012, 11:05:28 pm »
He's a racer and he wants to win! That'll do for me!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2012, 11:37:07 pm »
^^^^
It's Plato's character off the track that I don't like, Nath. But who cares anyway.  :smiley:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #186 on: October 09, 2012, 08:18:12 am »
Me and Rich saw Plato at Thruxton last year. He was walking along minding his business and some fella with his kid stopped him. He talked and posed for pics and then moved off. No fuss, no ego, gave the man the time of day and looked genuinely happy to be doing it as well.

That's how it should be in my opinion. I'm not saying any of the others would have behaved any differently but it was nice to see.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=r4s5e3ahthc0q9luukj187ipf3&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #187 on: October 09, 2012, 08:55:12 am »
Me and Rich saw Plato at Thruxton last year. He was walking along minding his business and some fella with his kid stopped him. He talked and posed for pics and then moved off. No fuss, no ego, gave the man the time of day and looked genuinely happy to be doing it as well.

That's how it should be in my opinion. I'm not saying any of the others would have behaved any differently but it was nice to see.

Yep I remember that. :-)

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=r4s5e3ahthc0q9luukj187ipf3&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #188 on: October 09, 2012, 08:58:16 am »
IMO With Plato it's a lot of bravado. I think he does and says things to be a bit controversial, probably to get more air time. I want more nudging and pushing.... That's what makes BTCC fun to watch and F1 boring (IMO)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2012, 10:09:59 am »

Good PR. They all do it and it's certainly genuine towards the fans both big kids and small kids.

Everyone has some good in them. It doesn't matter what I think but, based on what I see of him, I generally dislike Plato. He is a great driver though.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #190 on: October 09, 2012, 10:17:40 am »

I want more nudging and pushing.... That's what makes BTCC fun to watch and F1 boring (IMO)

....I think that purposely nudging and pushing is totally unfair to the driver in front. If more of this was allowed the race may as well be a scrappie's Stock Car race on a dirt oval.

IMO, BTCC race results should reflect a driver's skill.

I managed to hop inbetween TV channels and watch both the Japanese GP and the BTCC races - Different but each have much to offer to car enthusiasts.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #191 on: October 09, 2012, 11:15:57 am »
I was there on Sunday…my first time at Silverstone. Was a great day apart from the freezing morning and fog delay :happy2:

The BTCC, Renault Clio Cup and Formula Renault races were great fun to watch. Bumping and grinding make the racing more exciting to watch :happy2:

Couldn't believe JP came from the back to win in the last race. He was flying in the MG. I rate him as a driver but also find it difficult to like him off the track.

I didn't realise how loud the BTCC cars are...well except the BMW's. The MG's and Audi’s were ear poppingly loud! :surprised:

Seeing Matt Neil on fire was surprisingly enjoyable :evilgrin:

Next season I am planning on heading down to brands hatch…but the earlier race so its warmer.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #192 on: October 09, 2012, 07:59:10 pm »
For those here who may be too young to remember Led Zeppelin, this is the song which you hear on the BTCC TV coverage:

^ All these years later, the music is still absolutely awesome!  :notworthy:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2012, 05:18:56 pm »
Now this is a totally random post but it is linked to BTCC

I am trying to find email/phone contact for a man called Ken aged about 55 , 5'10 large build who we met on holiday in October last year. He avidly supports AMD in the BTCC , he attende every round and he has a New RS Focus and also a MK2 RS2000 , he lives in Kent and works for BT (He is a trainer for them)

PM me if you have any details . Thanks :happy2:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:20:45 pm by garrardrj »
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #194 on: October 10, 2012, 09:49:09 pm »
^^^
Sounds like a dating column :drool:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦