All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Costing on painting front end of mk5

<< < (2/4) > >>

true-blue:
There's no excuse for silly quotes like £700 for a bonnet !!

My mate will do my bonnet and front wings for £300 (mates rates) and he's still making a reasonable profit (this is a proper job, full oven bake the lot). Strangely, my front bumper is relatively chip free but my bonnet is peppered??

x5pea:
problem is that materials have rocked in price since the industry moved to waterbased, the lacquer for my mk5 cost 600 quid alone  :laugh:

600-700 sounds ok IMO

Phil Mcavity:
as Cocopops (lee) has said , bodyshop reckoned that it would take 11hours labour to do the work, £50 an hour rate for a vw garage bodyshop to do it. That was including wings /splitter/front/bonnet. Way over priced for what needs to be done, so that idea got shelved and spent money on better things. :smiley:

VeeDubDan:
Admittidly this was for my MK4 but I've had panels painted at a very well respected (that means expensive) bodyshop and it was about £300 a panel.  But they do a top job!  :smiley:

Toast:
Thanks for the info guys  :happy2:      I'm off to see the parents today so when I'm up I'll speak to my neighbour who works at Vw garage and negotiate a price from him :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version