All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Tyre Rim Protector

(1/5) > >>

pazz:
I thought I'd ask a question before I order a new set of tyres.

At the moment I have a mismatch on the car after I swaped a pair of Contactsport 2's for some Falken FK452's. But I'm a little concerned as to the lack of rim protector on the FK452s. At the time I had only the cash for some mediocre tyres (I'd only just bought the car) so I went for the best bang for buck tyre on the market - the FK452.

As you can see the FK452's dont seem to have a rim protector, they dont extrude the alloy rim like the conti 2's do that I currently have on the front.

FK452's


Continental ContactSport 2's


I'm considering either a set of Conti's 2 or 3's or Goodyear Assymetric's? Can anyone confirm if any of these have rim protector's?

winrya:
I can confirm the goodyears have a nice big rim protector on them :happy2:

pazz:
Theres no doubting that the FK452's look the part but (I dont mean to sound like a sissy) its always useful to have a plan B.

DubwayDan:
ive just bought a full set of toyo t1-r's and they have quite a big rim protector, ill try get a pic  :wink:

182_blue:
My Goodyear asymetrics have a good rim protector (hard to see from the top, but you can see the rubber sticking out at the bottom of the alloy)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version