All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
DSG Oil change
NeilM:
Had my DSG Oil and Filter changed at AMD last week £188, apparently the oil has to be a certain temperature and I had to leave the car overnite as it was to hot after just arriving.
Top Cat:
Do you guys think VW would start hiding a bit if you went in for a warranty work on the DSG after a service, not done by one of their approved dealers. I know and understand that as long as you use genuine parts that they should, but what do you think they would do in the real world. Would they be able to wriggle out of it some way. :chicken:
Caz:
id like to think not..
i do have my moments of tuting at ppl that dont get stuff done by vehicle manufactuer, especialy on a new car.. but at the end of the day, it comes down to cost.. and i know little things like nice seating area, free coffee and tea, friendly staff, nice clean tidy environment dont add up to the cost you pay at a dealer, but its a better (or ment to be) experience...
NeilM:
I think VW would laugh their bol****s of if I went for some warranty work, LSD, Intercooler, Map, Zorst, Brakes, Carbon bonnet, etc etc...... :smiley:
Ifti:
Why should they need to take the car out for a DSG service?
From what I read its a matter of....
Draining the old oil.
Filling new oil - 5.5 litres.
Switching engine on and allowing it to warm up. While its warning, you go through each of the gears/modes on the DSG box (R, N, D, S, and finally back to P).
Cant remember whether you switch engine off before or after draining any excess oil though.
So, do they need to take it out for a spin?
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version