All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

DSG Oil change

<< < (4/10) > >>

Caz:
they would road test the vehicle, as they do after anything engine related..

Ifti:
In that case, I'd be inclined to book the car in, wait for the oil to be changed, and then go on the road test as a passenger if possible!!

pazz:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on May 11, 2009, 04:19:56 pm ---I would find a dealer with a big catchment area and use them, purely on the basis that they will have done quite a few and know how to do it with a bit of experience as well.
--- End quote ---

Speaking of VW dealerships, I've just decided to change my local dealership. All they seem to do is Vdub Van's and the other day I asked for a VAGCOM option changing and they wanted to charge me labour for doing it (car was already in for waranty bits).

iainalpine:
Going by what has been said, there seems to be a bit of a price difference for the DSG servive and also for just getting the box serviced on its own. I have been quoted around the £50 mark for mine but this seems a bit cheap when i see what has been posted. i no gargaes will have a different labour rate but the difference is pretty extreme.

Iain

Caz:
£50 does seem a bit cheap..
vw allocated time is 0.90.. so then it just depends on labour..
its the oil and filter that needs doing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version