All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
DSG Oil change
Phil Mcavity:
Wheres your spanner Robin, look like you know what your doing there :signLOL:
NeilM:
Hey RR, what tune do your Air Horns play??
Caz:
--- Quote from: RedRobin on May 12, 2009, 04:21:17 pm ---@ iain, Neil, Phil :
So, just because some of you have had bad experiences or lecture in the subject (I don't see how lecturing qualifies an insight unless it's direct experience), it doesn't automatically mean that all VW dealers should be avoided and I don't think it at all fair to suggest so to all those who read these forums.
:smiley:
--- End quote ---
I agree fully. It's not nice hearing of ppl having bad experiences.. even more so, because I work in the service department myself. But you can't label everyone.
iainalpine:
Robin, I have been involved in the trade for 18 years, from a basic mechanic to master tech to group master tech, manufacturer technical support, manager and now lecturer.. I have more experience than most. I have seen very good garages and top class mechanics. But in this day and age the quality found in the workshop has dropped due to tighter budgets, guys on the workshop floor not getting the training or time to follow procedure and due to all this not having pride in there work. This is not the case for everyone in the workshop as i said before but you are seeing it more often than not. Out of the 8 or so VW main dealers that i do technical visits to, i would say there are 4 good master tech's and one that outshines them all. He is mid 30's and has a real interest and pride in what he is doing. My idea of asking about the DSG service was to see all the things people have experienced with getting this done as i no for a fact that not everyone os getting the same quality of service.
Iain
Top Cat:
--- Quote from: iainalpine on May 12, 2009, 05:58:35 pm ---Robin, I have been involved in the trade for 18 years, from a basic mechanic to master tech to group master tech, manufacturer technical support, manager and now lecturer.. I have more experience than most. I have seen very good garages and top class mechanics. But in this day and age the quality found in the workshop has dropped due to tighter budgets, guys on the workshop floor not getting the training or time to follow procedure and due to all this not having pride in there work. This is not the case for everyone in the workshop as i said before but you are seeing it more often than not. Out of the 8 or so VW main dealers that i do technical visits to, i would say there are 4 good master tech's and one that outshines them all. He is mid 30's and has a real interest and pride in what he is doing. My idea of asking about the DSG service was to see all the things people have experienced with getting this done as i no for a fact that not everyone os getting the same quality of service.
Iain
--- End quote ---
Iain where do live :smiley:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version