Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Stg 1 Boost 8 Timing 5 Fuel 9  (Read 5651 times)

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
Revo Stg 1 Boost 8 Timing 5 Fuel 9
« on: April 14, 2012, 12:53:58 am »
Have Stg 1 revo on my ed30 with the above settings. The car runs like a dream, silky smooth and superb power delivery. I had the settings changed and just wanted some opinions.

With the above settings can the oem pump deliver enough fuel or should I be looking for a High pressure pump to be safe?

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=in4uurcbsm8s8j1nlhb4ns0t16&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Revo Stg 1 Boost 8 Timing 5 Fuel 9
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 12:58:18 am »
Those are fairly aggressive settings. Who set the REVO settings?

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 01:09:27 am »
Amd setup the revo initially then a friend altered the settings. Just wanted to gather some thoughts wheter or not the settings are ok for the car

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=in4uurcbsm8s8j1nlhb4ns0t16&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 01:10:50 am »
Did you friend log the car with VCDS (vagcom) to make sure its running safely? Which fuel do you use?

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 01:14:00 am »
He did use vag com @ the time but we didn't do any logs whilst driving.

I always use 99 fuel

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 01:18:30 am »

I always use 99 fuel

Its imperative that you get some logging done to see whats going on the the engine.  :happy2:

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 01:22:23 am »
Thanks for the tips mate. Will get the car logged.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 07:42:56 am »
The car was logged and the timing pull was minimal, boost was meeting specified as was the fuel pressure  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 09:02:01 am »

....I was under the impression that it was also important to do logging whilst driving. Personally, unless I knew that a 'friend' was either a professional or a very experienced expert I wouldn't rely on him/her. Listen and learn from them yes, but then get a professional second opinion. Didn't you trust AmD's settings?

For example, JKM have comprehensively logged my car twice on the road in the last fortnight and adjusted my Revo settings accordingly - Would I alter them on the advice of a friend, even with VCDS? - No way!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 09:05:41 am »
The car was logged and the timing pull was minimal, boost was meeting specified as was the fuel pressure  :happy2:

Sweet. That should be making good power in that case.

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 11:21:57 pm »

....I was under the impression that it was also important to do logging whilst driving. Personally, unless I knew that a 'friend' was either a professional or a very experienced expert I wouldn't rely on him/her. Listen and learn from them yes, but then get a professional second opinion. Didn't you trust AmD's settings?

For example, JKM have comprehensively logged my car twice on the road in the last fortnight and adjusted my Revo settings accordingly - Would I alter them on the advice of a friend, even with VCDS? - No way!

It is pretty straightforward to log the car, and increase the settings incrementally. As long as an individual logs the correct parameters and has a reasonable knowledge, in my opinion it is perfectly acceptable to trust setting adjustment to a spare time tinkerer.

I should imagine there are many Revo agents who are in no way experts in engine mapping - I asked my agent various questions about the Revo map, and they admitted they didn't know the answers, but they're still perfectly capable of using an SPS to optimise Revo settings to a car / fuel.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »

It is pretty straightforward to log the car, and increase the settings incrementally. As long as an individual logs the correct parameters and has a reasonable knowledge, in my opinion it is perfectly acceptable to trust setting adjustment to a spare time tinkerer.

I should imagine there are many Revo agents who are in no way experts in engine mapping - I asked my agent various questions about the Revo map, and they admitted they didn't know the answers, but they're still perfectly capable of using an SPS to optimise Revo settings to a car / fuel.

....Fair enough. Thanks for bothering to explain that  :drinking:

Personally, I prefer to trust JKM's 5-year 'intimate' knowledge of my car and their 2.0T FSI and Revo experience. It's just for my own piece of mind.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 11:42:57 pm »

....Fair enough. Thanks for bothering to explain that  :drinking:

Personally, I prefer to trust JKM's 5-year 'intimate' knowledge of my car and their 2.0T FSI and Revo experience. It's just for my own piece of mind.

Perfectly reasonable attitude IMO - better to be cautious. In case I was ambiguous, I agree there is a need to log the car whilst driving (not just monitor the real time numbers) and especially under load, to see that the settings are okay. I've logged mine with different fuel grades and set the SPS accordingly, and been pretty conservative. No doubt some people throw caution to the wind and incorrectly assume 9/9/9 is the way to go......

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 11:55:06 pm »
I think (am not 100% sure) that Revo say that you can't do any harm on 9/9/9 but surely you can create problems in the longer term by greater demands. It must surely depend on the performance hardware mods each car has.

Currently, after fitting the APR pump, JKM have set F7 and *only* B7 because the roads were very wet and full of traffic so Jim couldn't push so hard when logging on the road. We'll possibly adjust it up a notch after the next opportunity to push hard.

Being cautious has stood me in good stead so far in 100,000 miles of joy and over 60k of them Revo remapped.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 12:06:08 am »
I had mine setup at Revo HQ.

They did 2 settings for me and left the 3rd one empty for me to do. They did....

A: B6, T5, F9

and a bit more aggressive,

B: B8, T4, F9

Both perform sweet!