All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Remap/Warranty issue!
Edition30:
Was going to try out the 6 hour APR remap tomorrow but my air con has packed in.
Would you get the remap after the work or try it out anyway?
Do you think it will throw up any issues with the dealer?
Greeners:
What re-map! :laugh:
Just tell them, you'll find there not that bothered and they'd do well to connect an a/c fault to a re-map! :happy2:
billyboy:
I have APR st 1, when it went into the stealers for service, the lad came out to find me, he asked if it was mapped b4
any work was carried out, as not to delete it, spot on i thought.
so you could always have a word first
bill
bacillus:
Even though the remap has no effect on the AC, I would delay the trial till the air con is sorted.
Edition30:
Tried the AC out tonight as I got my licence back at 12.00 and it seems to work fine, it was my dad that said it was playing up so I will try it out on the way to Awesome tomorrow and if it plays up I will have a word with my mate and see what he can do. Hes a VW mechanic so will warn him of the remap which will have run out by the time it gets taken in anyway.
Does it revert back to the VW map after the trial or an APR map?
Feels good to be finally back on the roads, 70 long days that was.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version