All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Remap/Warranty issue!

<< < (2/3) > >>

182_blue:

--- Quote from: Edition30 on May 14, 2009, 01:42:18 am ---Tried the AC out tonight as I got my licence back at 12.00 and it seems to work fine, it was my dad that said it was playing up so I will try it out on the way to Awesome tomorrow and if it plays up I will have a word with my mate and see what he can do. Hes a VW mechanic so will warn him of the remap which will have run out by the time it gets taken in anyway.

Does it revert back to the VW map after the trial or an APR map?


Feels good to be finally back on the roads, 70 long days that was.

--- End quote ---
it won't go back to a proper vw stock map, it will be there version, so in theory if they could be bothered they could find it, not that they will, this is one of the reasons I like my bluefin though ;-)

john_o:
concur its APR interpretation of the original VW map
Once youve done the trail, if you want APR fine.... if not you need to get them or VW to flash you back to actual stock (not APR's interpretation)
tis not a good thing to jump between 'trials' (without going to actual stock inbetween , or at least informing them what youve had done)

enjoy the trial  :happy2:



The wheel man:

--- Quote from: 182_blue on May 14, 2009, 06:21:24 am ---
--- Quote from: Edition30 on May 14, 2009, 01:42:18 am ---Tried the AC out tonight as I got my licence back at 12.00 and it seems to work fine, it was my dad that said it was playing up so I will try it out on the way to Awesome tomorrow and if it plays up I will have a word with my mate and see what he can do. Hes a VW mechanic so will warn him of the remap which will have run out by the time it gets taken in anyway.

Does it revert back to the VW map after the trial or an APR map?


Feels good to be finally back on the roads, 70 long days that was.

--- End quote ---
it won't go back to a proper vw stock map, it will be there version, so in theory if they could be bothered they could find it, not that they will, this is one of the reasons I like my bluefin though ;-)

--- End quote ---

As the map is an interpretation, does that mean its better / worse of the same (power wise)  i suppose it would make sence from a marketing point of view to ahve thier repalcement map slightly slower than stock, would make the difference more pronounced.  Not great company pritice thoguh if that is what happens

Edition30:
Can the stock map be done via VagCom?

Had it done now and seems to pull really smooth in comparison to the stock map, I like it but instantly noticed the brakes are not up to scratch depending on how soon I can get a new job depends on the future of the car.

Edition30:
**BUMP** anyone know?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version