Make a donation

Author Topic: Synching new keys  (Read 1295 times)

vw55raz

Synching new keys
« on: April 27, 2012, 06:00:38 pm »
Hi everyone.

Got a new key today , got the blade cut and trying to synch the new key to unlock the car using the fob.

Tried the door synch method : current key in ignition , new key in door and turn to lock then press unlock on that fob. But no sound to confirm the synch.

My question is: Am I putting the keys in the right way around?
Am I pressing the unlock/lock button correct order?

I know the transponder chip has to be new in order to add it to the car to start it, does it still need to be a new one to be able to synch to the car for unlock/locking?

Thanks

Raz

Offline J13YME

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Synching new keys
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:13:01 pm »
Hi there

The new remote needs to be programmed using diagnostic tools so when you get the key programmed they will programme the remote for you

Jamie

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:28:12 pm »
other way around...

1. unlock car using working remote
2. lock door using working remote
3. insert new remote into ignition
4. turn ignition on and keep pressing the unlock button on the new remote whilst it is in the ignition until you either hear the gong or the doors unlock

remove the new key from ignition, it should unlock the doors

MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

vw55raz

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:49:51 am »
Thanks. I'll give that a try tonight :)

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:26:33 pm »
You have VCDS?

Go to 46-Central Conv.

In adaption use 000 to clear all linked remotes, enter channel 001 then input how many remotes you have (2?), test/save then within a few seconds press either lock/unlock for at least a second on the first key, release then do the same again for the other key - should then pair up assuming the new fob is right for the car (same part number as key1 and on same frequency?)
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

vw55raz

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 06:22:35 pm »
You have VCDS?

Go to 46-Central Conv.

In adaption use 000 to clear all linked remotes, enter channel 001 then input how many remotes you have (2?), test/save then within a few seconds press either lock/unlock for at least a second on the first key, release then do the same again for the other key - should then pair up assuming the new fob is right for the car (same part number as key1 and on same frequency?)

Cheers buddy. Saw this on vcds website as well. Awaiting the new transponder chip to arrive and will give it a shot  :happy2: