All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Bloody Hell!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Norbreck21a:
As Gaz said, the very firs thing you should always do when changing any account that you have paid by Direct Debit is cancel the DD straight away with your bank, should only take a couple of minutes.

A quick call to Virgin should sort it no problemm, and they should be able to repay straight back into your account.

We had our TV viewing with Cable and Wireless some time ago, and cancelled it to go with Sky+. I contacted C&W and explained what was happening. they did their best to try and talk me out of it but I was determined to swap. As the monthly payment had just been taken they told me to cancel the DD straight away to prevent another payment being taken for the following month. I even had a closure letter from them thanking me for my custom and confirming that I owed them nothing.

I was a little surprised then when I received a letter from C&W about 6 weeks later telling me that as they were unable to collect a payment from my account, I either needed to pay the outstanding money with 7 days or they would cancel my viewing subscription WTF  :surprised:

It just goes to show that even when you follow proper procedure with companies and close your account with them verbally, it seems they don't communicate well with their own accounts department, and unless you cancel the DD immediately, they will always seem to try for another payment.

VC:
its because systems are automated these days. i have a property with no water or power connected to it as its totally off the grid, but still without fail get red letters from the water board for moneys owed. the computer averages my water use using neighbouring properties and then sent the bill  :surprised:

and dont get me started on the tv license fiasco i suffer with regularly thats seen me almost have to go to court  :surprised:

its easy to clean it all up but you have to keep your eye on these things

neg:
I got my TV licence letter yestersday, put it to file but while eating breaky this morning I noticed the payments and then the text saying I would be paying 6months before the renewal and then 6months after !! cheeky gets.

WILLZIE:
Companys need to get there act together, gf's brother got a bill demanding £00.00-explain that one! :fighting2:
And this is the biggy-British Gas hounding us for a year after we moved (paid up well in advance)
It was to pay a bill months after we moved as they thought we were still living there using there gas, because they didn't believe we moved- GUESS WHAT- they were sending the court order letters to our NEW house! :angry015:
Mum nearly had a nervous break down as she must of rang them a good couple dozens of times over the year! (they never did there job properly as most if the time it was a bloody call centre in India).
But the advice is right, always watch whats going on!

Boothy:
You need to check your DD schedule that should state if you pay a month in advance or a month in lieu. If you've made a payment for every month you were covered and the letter from Virgin is dated, which it should be then you should be entitled to any payments back that were taken after that date.  Unless the letter states a set date that the insurance would end in which case you'd be entitled to money back that was taken after this date instead.


Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version