Make a donation

Author Topic: what have people GTI come in at on the Rollers  (Read 1655 times)

Offline BLUE-STORM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • GOLF GTI VS CLIO 172 SPORT
what have people GTI come in at on the Rollers
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:59:26 pm »
hey every one i was interested in what peoples  GTI's  have come in at on the rollers ,  just had mind done by at super chips  to day , and was very surprised at the out come ,  the did a run before  the installed my stage 1 bluefin ive been runnign for 6 moths but took off 6 weeks a go for this test to see whaere the car was standing.

so before hand  cam out at 222.1 BHP at the fly and with stage 1 was 259.0 BHP at the fly
                   torque was     216.9 LBFT   and with stage 1  272.2 LBFT                         

so i was well surprised  is was only expecting 240 to 245   or less    and standared was thinking would be under the 197 its was ment to be , but cant work out why its at 222,  but could that be the fact i have a forge DV and blow off adapter

any way  dose any one wanna  post theres or make any coments,    looking at going up to stage two by the september for TRAX

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: what have people GTI come in at on the Rollers
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 06:15:24 am »
So your standard RR was 222 because RR's are not that accurate (this one by about 10%  :signLOL: ), with the map on you take the extra 10% off your 260bhp and you get 234bhp which is what you would expect with stage 1 Superchips.

please see here for RR results:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16977.0.html

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: what have people GTI come in at on the Rollers
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 11:54:17 am »
As said above.  Superchips dyno is renowned for giving big figures.  In this case the carshould have read around 197Hp(200ps), and these cars do make these figures on lots of dynos.  so its fair to say the superchips reading is 22-25hp over the top.

I had Stage 1 Superchips on my TFSI and it was very OEM like in its delivery, but i guess thats because it had much les torque than the other stage 1 maps so it still felt very OEM.  Their Stage 1 map was the smoothest of their maps as well.  Superchips stage 2 and 2+ really left something to be desired in the power delivery.

This was mine.  Initially looking at the peak figures for the torque you think its not too bad, but looking at the curve its a very small hump of torque before it drops right down.  Very slow compared to alternate maps.

FWIW my car ran 287Hp with bluefin stage 2+ on AMDs rollers, however it was slower than pretty much every stage 2 car i had a spin against, and they were pushing 250-260Hp.......