All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Tyre time, Goodyear F1 Assy or Michelin Pilot sport 2?
Sharman:
I was recommended the Goodyear's on this site and knew they topped the EVO tyre test. These are £108, the michelins £114 for the 17" monzas.
VC:
Mich Pilot Sport 2
All day long.
i've had most tyres going, currently on T1R's and nothing for me has ever performed like the mich's in the wet and the dry
cant wait to scrub my way thru the toyo's to get back to them :smiley:
Mark_GTIV:
I've got Michelin Pilot Sport 2 extra load on mine and I have to say I'm looking forward to the day I can change them. They have much less grip in the wet, a little less in the dry and numbed the steering when compared to the Continental Conti Sport 2s the car was supplied with.
Unfortunately they are wearing well :( .. They don't have as good rim protection either.
A good mate of mine has the Bridgestone RE50As on his GTI in the same size and they seem to offer as good steering feel as the Contis did, plus they have much better rim protection.
Personally, I'm going to go for the Bridgestones or the Goodyears next.
scarpicus:
I have vredestein ultrac sessanta on my Monza 17" and i found them very good when they were on my car, the ride with them was better than the falkens i have on now but maybe its because i have 18" now :happy2:
scarpicus:
Also sorry to hijack thread sharman
but do we need to have extra load tyres on our cars and does that make the ride slightly harder and there for worser
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version