All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Hammerite spray

(1/3) > >>

pareet:
Hey guys, need some help - wondering if anyone has done this in the past...

On my Gti,  I want to spray the front VW badge from silver to black. Have also found a can of black hammerite spray paint in the garage from a year or so ago. Would this do the job, if I sand the current silver badge and then apply a few coats of the black hammerite spray leaving a few hours between each application? Has anyone done this in the past?

Have searched the forums but no one seems to have used hammerite. Thought I would ask before I go out and buy some proper spray from Halfrauds.

thanks !

VC:
it has a hammered texture to it though? is that the look you're after or have you got the smoothrite version?

BMX:
hamersh*te!

you need some grey primer and some satin black, scotch it up good 1st too

thats what i recomend anyway  :happy2:

VC:
^^^ WHS

maybe ask bennylenny for some spraying tips theres loads of rattlecanning advice on here fella  :happy2:

182_blue:
i wouldnt use hammerite smooth (  other than on the brakes )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version