All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Is there??
Smudgster:
Hi All,
Is there anyone in the South Wales area that has a GTi which is revo'd. I have recently bought one with has Revo stage 2, milltech etc and it goes wheel but Im not 100% convinced its right. I recnently had the forge value fitted as the stock one was shot and the car is better but still not 100%
What are other ppls opinion, what does it pull like in the gears?? whats the accelration like after 100mph. My engages trac in 1st gear but puts the power down in all other gears with out any problem but on a private road once i get up to 110 or 120 its justs seems to slow up!!!!!
Any help would be great!!!!!
Thanks
Smudge
WhiteGTI:
My GTI is Revo Stage 2, and will break traction in 1st, 2nd and 3rd if you are not sensible with the accelerator pedal, but I think that's more to do with my downpipe. Others on here say that their power delivery is very smooth and linear and will not break traction so much.
In terms of acceleration over 100mph, mine keeps pulling very strongly all the way into the 140's. OK, so as the speed becomes higher the rate of acceleration does slow down, but it really does still feel like its pulling very well. Unfortunately room on the private runway that I use was short, and so I stopped accelerating at about 145mph.
That's probably not much help lol! Sorry I don't live in South Wales either, but I do visit my friend there from time-to-time :smiley: :smiley:
Smudgster:
Thanks for reply. Mine breaks traction in 1st but thats it. What are your settings???
May have a further prob but not sure yet, any thing to consider??
WhiteGTI:
Boost 7, Timing 6, Fuel 9.
It was previously on Boost 6, Timing 5, Fuel 8 and Boost 7, Timing 5, Fuel 9, but none of the settings has had a profound effect on the car's performance over a different setting. They all seem to be relatively the same.
Ok, so you've done the Forge DV, maybe have a look at the PCV...it is another known weakspot. Other than that, I don't really know what to suggest, I'm not an expert on these things. If you are convinced that something is wrong then I'd get it booked into a tuner so that they can run VAGCOM on the car to see if anything has been recorded in the fault memory, and maybe they can check the PCV also.
:confused: :confused:
Smudgster:
I will set mine to that to see. Excuse my ignorance but PCV???? LOl :signLOL:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version