Make a donation

Author Topic: Grande Gti's Static Yellow 5 **For Sale**Check out the Video on Page27**  (Read 119575 times)

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Grande Gti's GTi on tempory shoe's
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 10:51:11 pm »
Updates from this weekend then

Well After hangin about with my friends recently and being back in a hatch back an not a saloon, I'd really missed my audio so got on the case, Luckily I a friend of mine owed me a favour so we did a deal and parted a few pound coins his way and then a rns510 my way tbh I've had the unit sitting on the table from before even getting a mk5, but as we got closer to fitting it I just wasnt filled with enough confidence to fit it, but aas luck had it another friend had fairly upto date RNS 510 with all current maps etc so managed to buy that too, so for some weird reason I now have 2 RNS510 so might stick the other one in the wifes mk5.
So thats the Ive always used a company in the midlands called BladeIce for my wiring and other bespoke bits, and as I think this Car might be a keeper I thought Id opt for some premium 4awg flexi wire, excellnant gear very flexible and strong.

SO after spending a few long hours of trying to get information about Can Gateways etc I bought one on friday too just in time for our saturday that we'd dedicated at getting some punch back in the old girl.

As Saturday started made a trip down to my mates garage and the worked starte, by 10am Id striped the glove box and etc but was absolutly struggling to get this phono's any where But after being very commited managed to get the power wire through, as embarrasing as this is for me it took me almost 50 mins to find the hole lol .

Very patiently removed all the trim along the passenger side sills so that the wires could be run properly in the channels.

Then we hit a problem, in the time that I was hard wiring the car, my mate that was going to code in my stero scanned the car so that we could read all the codes for the gateway, great, but once we fitted the new one the car wouldn accept it, at this point the hole front dash was completly stripped, So I started panicing, I had a moment of madness n thought il just carry my jump leads and get a gateway another day, what a waste of thought.Luckily a local breaker managed to have a L can gateway in stock and luckily he zipped it over on his ped.result

So there was light at the end of the tunnel, but by now its 3pm so after 5 long stressful hours of getting somewhere then no where then to a happy boy again we started boxing the car back up, unfortunatly Id didnt get to get my sub wired to the head unit as I needed to convert the sound to add a sub but thats now been left for another day :)

Other than that not much still to report, Im trying to get some bodywork carried out by VW under warrenty once thats done then we'l get it in to the bodyshop

Heres some pics not alot but im sure we've seen similar a million times but hey ho its mine  :love:

And here's a few more of my little brothers

Massive thank you so far to everyone that got involved in my 100 questions about RNS &Can Gateways etc lol, BladeIce for the audio cables, Nirro VW for the last minute gateway & Tuningwerkes for the advice in whats in store on the next half decent update :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:56:40 pm by Grande_GTi »

instgram @ricky_grande

check out @lowlife_official

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline Raymie

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Grande Gti's Gti
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 07:11:09 am »
Tiny Update

Im regretting sellin a set of xenons that I sold a while back so will start the hunt for them next month too

:wink: :wink: :wink:

I will hopefully have my xenons today but change of mind I will be selling them again, pm me if interested

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Grande Gti's Gti
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:43 pm »
Tiny Update

Im regretting sellin a set of xenons that I sold a while back so will start the hunt for them next month too

:wink: :wink: :wink:

I will hopefully have my xenons today but change of mind I will be selling them again, pm me if interested

No worries when im ready il let u know

:)

instgram @ricky_grande

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Grande Gti's Gti, RNS 510 Fitted pge 2
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 10:55:47 pm »
update time

Still nothing major to report home

Realised that my tyres that were on the golf were in a bad state so borrowed my brothers Phaetons for a while while his is at VW, when I looked in detailed to my suprise the golf's been lowered on Eibach lowering springs not sure which ones but some form of Eibachs lol

Put on my USA mk5 gti rear bumper for a laugh the other saturday, decided to leave it on till paint as that its black its justy not majic black.:(

:0

as a tempory messure its orite, but im a lower lower sort of guy for those that know me so the height aint it for me news to be alot more closer to the ground, hopefully get my coili's on soon.

instgram @ricky_grande

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Grande Gti's Gti, New temporary Wheels Page2
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 01:36:17 pm »
Little bit of an update

Started to collect some parts now

Coils are sorted thanks to Reuben @ Tuningwerkes,so a couple of weeks they will go on

Had a couple of US rear bumpers lying around, so thought why not put it on for a few weeks, and then it'l get painted with the rest of the car

Bought some nice and fresh R32

and some leds and other random stuff like another RNS510 lol

Heres some pics

Spare RNS510 lol

at night

:)

All comments welcome

instgram @ricky_grande

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline valle

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 01:48:59 pm »
Champions look great, i had them on to. Love the rns510 , put the second one in to. better 2 navigations than lost in space  :drinking:

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 03:05:40 pm »
Champions look great, i had them on to. Love the rns510 , put the second one in to. better 2 navigations than lost in space  :drinking:

Yep I do like them but there now up for sale

The RNS510 is honestly the gadget Ive bought in ages. lol 2s always better thn 1 lol

instgram @ricky_grande

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline silent dubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Readers Ride
Re: Grande Gti's Gti, New wheel's, more parts bought 18/06/2012
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 11:19:29 am »
So what new bro!!!!! someone tells me you been working on the motor!!!  :laugh:

Silent Dubber

Instagram:- harveyrooprai
build thread - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,51322.0.html

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 10:09:28 am »
So what new bro!!!!! someone tells me you been working on the motor!!!  :laugh:

Yes bro, big mouth lol

instgram @ricky_grande

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 10:09:59 am »
Not much still to update

Had to return my brother his Phaeton alloys, and to be honest as my original 17s needed rubber i thought I'd long that off and get some BBS CH reps and thats what we did. Its not low but its drivable atm but will be lower by the end of the month :)

Here's some pics

instgram @ricky_grande

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline TheBIGJAYY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 9
Re: Grande Gti's Gti, OEM Goodness 16/07/2012
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 01:37:43 pm »
looks smart mate! your last picture has a yellow strip around the front grill instead of red?! is this a change or is it just the lighting?

Rainford Accounting Services
Tel. 07875505637
Email. jrainfordmaat@gmail.com

Offline Jonny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 14
  • G7R Owner
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45008.0.html
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 05:35:12 pm »
Looks like the picture as the rest are red ;)

Nice looking car you got mate :D

Offline plex

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
  • Awesome Rabbit !
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 06:20:46 pm »
This One looks nice :)
Hope to see R32 rear lights soooon xD

Front grill with yellowww > sweet :)

Offline JagGTi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 06:50:01 pm »
Yellow stripe on grill and yellow calipers ? Looks pretty neat :laugh:

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 06:52:37 pm »

Yep I do like them but there now up for sale

The RNS510 is honestly the gadget Ive bought in ages. lol 2s always better thn 1 lol

Feel free to donate your spare RNS510 to a worthy cause as i cannot afford one      :sad1: