All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
First time on track!
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: Cochese on May 19, 2009, 08:23:21 pm ---
C'mon Robin, it would be a waste to have all your mods and not take your car on a track to fully utilise them. :driver:
--- End quote ---
....I don't agree about my car's mods being "a waste" - They may be a waste for you and many others, but not for me - The car doesn't have a brain that's capable of differentiating whether it's being driven on a road or on a track and so all it's suspension and brakes etc etc are still given a healthy and enjoyable workout. I prefer not to drive any vehicle at its limit in any circumstance - I keep the car's limits beyond my own driver limitations. Judging from my many passenger rides on track I think I would get bored by the repetition of laps in an often featureless landscape. I love the ever changing dynamics of a road journey.
I've been driving a new supercharged S4 Avant this week and have been having a huge amount of fun on the roads without driving dangerously, and that's obviously a car with much more power than my GTI and also with quattro+sports diff.
gazbutS3:
that looks like the time attack lot that were at Oulton the other week
gillm:
S4 . NICE
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: gillm on May 19, 2009, 10:54:07 pm ---
S4 . NICE
--- End quote ---
....S for Superb! I'll be writing and posting a review. :happy2:
chungster:
--- Quote from: RedRobin on May 19, 2009, 07:05:00 pm ---^^^^
Those drift guys were at Castle Combe at this weekend's JapFest.
The track doesn't appeal to me at all - I much prefer the ever changing dynamics of the road and also the journey.
--- End quote ---
yes the main EDC guys went upto Knockhill for Round 2 of the championship. The ones who contest the 2nd tier champ (BDC) were at Combe showboating. Did you see the accident at the final corner?
Here's a in car vid of it. Watch how the passenger's helmet smashes the side window :surprised:
Drift crash at Japfest
ps: how do you embed the damn video into the post??
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version