Make a donation

Author Topic: RCD300, works perfectly but doesn’t remember to turn on!  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Team Traxxion

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 0
RCD300, works perfectly but doesn’t remember to turn on!
« on: October 29, 2019, 12:46:44 pm »
Hi guys, and gals

I have a 2006 GTI which had a MK6 RNS500 fitted. Decided to remove this as I’m selling the car and planning on getting another.

I bought and fitted an RCD300, which looks great and works perfectly. My question is, although everything works as it should, turns off as it should when I remove the key etc, memory function is fine. But, when I turn the ignition back on after leaving the car, it ‘forgets’ it was turned on. I have to press the on/off but. Is that correct? Does something need changing with VCDS? It’s worth pointing out that the previous unit worked absolutely fine!

Any help would be appreciated. It’s not life threatening but is a little annoying to say the least. :thinking:

Thanks in advance

Offline titchy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: RCD300, works perfectly but doesn’t remember to turn on!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 02:07:44 pm »
That's exactly what mine does avoids staying on and flattening the battery

Offline Team Traxxion

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 02:55:41 pm »
Thing is, it stays on fine if you turn it on after the ignition is off. It’s the 6th golf I’ve had and never had that before. Didn’t know if it was something that needs ‘turning on’ in VCDS or something as the radio I took out was fine.

I get why it turns off to save the battery, but not why it doesn’t come back on when I start the car.

Thanks for your reply though, at least I know I’m not alone!

Offline titchy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 03:54:46 pm »
if you leave it on and leave the car it switches off it cant start on its own you have to restart it

Offline Team Traxxion

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 06:07:54 pm »
Ok that’s cool. Only asking as all my others have done. It works fine other than that. Thanks for your replies