Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 337105 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2012, 10:21:38 pm »

Just the usual excuses, they have done enough, not obliged to give any goodwill, getting wings for free etc

its been 6 weeks now, 4 of them with black tape on the wings and tailgate, it just needs sorting out...

i'm going to write a letter next giving them one last chance to rectify before going through small claims court.

....But I don't see how this is a question of goodwill or doing you a favour - The cheeky feckers! It's an issue of corrosion warranty which is longer than the standard 3 years on parts. 6 years?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2012, 11:59:12 pm »
what i dont like and dont get is how we are getting so many different answers. Surely there is 1 main VW warranty dept and they deal with all queries.... so either the different dealers are not submitting the claims correctly or the warranty dept is sitting there with a coin and flipping it to see which they agree and which they dont.

VW cambridge for instance didnt even want to submit a claim for mine.
VW chelmsford however were on the ball and have had my wings and bootlid confirmed as 100% good will payments.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2012, 12:32:58 am »
^^^^
Good point, Jedi. It perfectly illustrates how the VW dealerships are really merely independent franchised businesses, and also why they vary so widely in how good they are.

Mine was cleared and done within only a few days of my first asking and with absolutely no mention of the word "goodwill" or "favour".

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2012, 09:15:48 am »
Fwiw I'm told my wings are goodwill and bootlid is warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2012, 11:10:24 am »

Fwiw I'm told my wings are goodwill and bootlid is warranty.

....Well, as long as they repair/replace what should be done FOC, they can call it whatever they want!  :rolleye:

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #245 on: August 23, 2012, 07:35:49 pm »
Having rather smugly started this whole thread with my front wing warranty success, I have now discovered rust on my sills and bootlid!   :sad1:
Gutted, I've got to go through the whole process again now. I just hope that my dealership are as willing to help as before!
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline brown-1234

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2012, 03:42:27 pm »
So i went to my local VW dealer today! (Durham).. Soonest i can be booked in for my car to be looked at is December the 4th  :surprised: Very shocked at that when the person told me. Whats you time of waiting been like for some of yous ?

Jonathan

Assume you mean Pulmans? Had the same story in March ("end of July").
I would not suggest you wait for them as the rust will get really bad in the meantime and they may even say you left it too long!!

Ring up Benfield VW in Scotswood Road, ask for Lee who deals with paintwork inspections and he'll do his best for you - I got 100% goodwill including two new wings.

i have just rang there mate, spoke to Lee. He thought that it was a piss take to. December is just not on, Lee booked me in straight away and going through on tuesday.

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2012, 07:43:04 pm »
Ive got mine back - and I'm not happy , they have polished the sides of the car with what seems to be a polishing pad made out of a Brillo pad , swirls and holograms all over the place , I'm gutted! Ive tried to mask them as best I can with a couple of coats of SRP and its done a half decent job , but I know it needs a full correction detail now. Also the panel gaps are all over the place around the headlights and the gap between the door and wing on the drivers side is twice the size of the one on the passenger side. I'm that sick I'm just going to trade it in for something else - wish I'd just left it undone now.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2012, 08:11:52 pm »
^^^^
As you are not happy, why not complain to them and also VW UK?

Why should you change your car just because of their lack of care?

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2012, 08:17:31 pm »
^^^^
As you are not happy, why not complain to them and also VW UK?

Why should you change your car just because of their lack of care?

I dont trust people do do a good job if they didnt do it right first time out Robin , I think I will get it pro detailed , I think a correction detail would make it look 100 times better , doubt a bodyshop would have a clue tbh.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2012, 08:20:28 pm »
I think before you get a detail I would get the panel gaps sorted out as even with a detail you would notice these and annoy you. I would get them to sort the gaps and if not take pictures and speak with VW UK. Then get the detail done

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2012, 08:25:17 pm »
^^^^
I agree with Nodz  :happy2:

Offline stow dubbers

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: August 29, 2012, 06:37:30 pm »
Hi Peeps,

I don't come on here very often, but i have been following this thread with interest....

I have a 2007 Mk5 Candy White GTI that has wing rust as well as rust on both sill's where they join the front wings.

I approached my local VW main dealer at the beginning of June, who completed a survey and took photographs. I was then told that it would take about 2 week to get a response from VW UK.

I rang the dealers on the 17 of August, was told the warranty guy was off that day but he would ring me back the following Monday....

I finally got a call back this morning to say that VW UK have agreed the warranty claim, we are entitled to a courtesy car but there is a £1000 excess, or for a fee of £10 per day they will waive the excess....

Now i don't want to sound ungrateful, but why should i be out of pocket when this is not my doing, should i insist on that fee being waived as well...?

Also, should i also be insisting that the courtesy car be of equal size/shape and not a little 2 door UP.....?

What do you guy's think i should do....?

Thanks in advance..

Stow Dubber
Nick.

Offline ashley

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #253 on: August 29, 2012, 06:40:03 pm »
I would pay the £10 and be gratefully they agreed to sort for free  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #254 on: August 29, 2012, 07:15:52 pm »

I would pay the £10 and be gratefully they agreed to sort for free  :happy2:

.... x 2

An excess charge on any hire car is normal. As you only expect to use the courtesy car for a day or two maximum it's a form of insurance for yourself against the £1,000 risk.

The VW dealer has to insure their courtesy cars and all this is just so everyone is covered. It's nothing sinister nor is it taking advantage of you.