Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 337192 times)

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #1020 on: October 31, 2015, 02:42:59 pm »
Hi guys,

My car has had one wing done under warranty but the other has been resprayed by the previous owner therefore I cannot get it done I believe.. This wing has also started to bubble once again so I'm looking at my options.. Either get a new wing from VW and have that done as it should or can I have my current bubbling wing taken off, fix whatever causes the problem and then respray it and put it back on?...

Offline Ditto

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #1021 on: November 01, 2015, 06:33:23 pm »
@CarlW Have they said they won't replace it?.. Might be worth a try? As for the one bubbling is that the one done by VW previously? If so I believe these are guaranted (under the bodyshop guarantee) or your perforation warranty.

Does anyone know if this is what a repaired sill should look like? Are the lumps usually there as a result of when the car was welded together initially?

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:35:02 pm by Ditto »

Offline shail

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99663.msg979899.html#msg979899
« Reply #1022 on: November 01, 2015, 06:52:17 pm »
What does the other side look like? 

Offline Ditto

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #1023 on: November 01, 2015, 08:35:31 pm »
@shail I've updated the post with both sides, but essentially the same. Cheers

Offline chrisjudd

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #1024 on: November 03, 2015, 06:27:22 pm »
Success! Vw phoned today and said its booked in for 30th nov to have both front wings sorted out.

Mine is modified, lowered and 12 years old in March 2016

Very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline shail

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99663.msg979899.html#msg979899
« Reply #1025 on: November 03, 2015, 08:35:10 pm »
Success! Vw phoned today and said its booked in for 30th nov to have both front wings sorted out.

Mine is modified, lowered and 12 years old in March 2016

Very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also had a call for the same date for both wings today   

Offline Blackgtiman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #1026 on: November 03, 2015, 11:14:42 pm »
just got a 2005 2.0fsi for the mrs. 1 previous owner. full vw history 46k. both front wings, front sills and boot around badge rotten. All have been smart repaired. Is it even worth bothering asking vw to cover goodwill?

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #1027 on: November 04, 2015, 11:11:56 am »
Any members on here that own a car which was imported? And had success with warranty claims for wing corrosion? I need some more examples of the work being done on imported cars as mine was brought in from Holland, and I don't want this used as an excuse to get turned down. Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Offline Monza_GTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #1028 on: November 04, 2015, 01:56:32 pm »
Any members on here that own a car which was imported? And had success with Mine is exactly the same as yours. I had no problems. It will be more down to the specific garagwarranty claims for wing corrosion? I need some more examples of the work being done on imported cars as mine was brought in from Holland, and I don't want this used as an excuse to get turned down. Thanks

Mine is exactly the same as yours. I had no problems. It will be more down to the specific garage if you encounter any problems.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:58:27 pm by Monza_GTI »

Offline jettamike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #1029 on: November 05, 2015, 07:48:47 pm »
Can anyone offer any further advice? I don't feel that 50% is acceptable when I have rust bubbling out even around the B pillar door mountings. Something must have gone wrong when my car was apparently galvanized during manufacturing.

Offline jettamike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #1030 on: November 05, 2015, 09:43:45 pm »
Have you tried another dealer?

I'd love to, but the nearest I believe is past Somerset. However, looking at google it appears there's a different franchise in Plymouth! May be worth a go.

Offline Ditto

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #1031 on: November 05, 2015, 10:01:41 pm »
Seems some dealers are much more receptive than others. When I spoke at the bodyshop a few weeks ago when mine went in he said they get around three mk5s a week with rust issues! Was it VW who turned you down or the dealer? Either way trying again at another dealer must be worth a shot :). Do you have any pictures of the rust?

Offline jettamike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #1032 on: November 05, 2015, 10:24:20 pm »
Seems some dealers are much more receptive than others. When I spoke at the bodyshop a few weeks ago when mine went in he said they get around three mk5s a week with rust issues! Was it VW who turned you down or the dealer? Either way trying again at another dealer must be worth a shot :). Do you have any pictures of the rust?

The dealership told me 50% tops on the sills and nothing on the boot and bonnet. They then told me to contact VW, which I did. They said I don't meet the criteria for 100% contribution whatever those may be. Car has low mileage, good bodywork apart from rust and fvwsh. Think you have to be a descendant of the UK GM to get the extra 50!

I'll get some photos tomorrow and post them up.

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #1033 on: November 06, 2015, 10:00:19 am »
Can't believe it! Just had a call from VW uk and was informed that both wings will be fully covered as a goodwill gesture!! Even though the car was imported it was passed due to it being in the uk for 8 out of 9 years. I'm happy I got on contact with VW UK directly. I also informed them I'd bought my previous 5 VW 's from a local dealer so maybe that is taken into consideration?

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #1034 on: November 06, 2015, 10:11:02 am »

Can't believe it! Just had a call from VW uk and was informed that both wings will be fully covered as a goodwill gesture!! Even though the car was imported it was passed due to it being in the uk for 8 out of 9 years. I'm happy I got on contact with VW UK directly. I also informed them I'd bought my previous 5 VW 's from a local dealer so maybe that is taken into consideration?

5 mins later I get a call from the local dealer to call in and arrange a time for the work to get done. I usually don't have much faith in huge companies but the woman at VW uk kept her word and phoned back when she stated she would.