Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf R CDL engine code, is it FSI or TSI? Engine swap from AXX to CDL possible?  (Read 45237 times)

Offline Sammy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Why not are there any issues with that? Am talking of the ones from the R32 and golf R
GTI MK5 with all the gooodies

K04 power going on soon!

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower

Am just going to enjoy this new upgrade to myself and max it out how ever I can push it to the limits, yeah it's a FWD so I have 4 wheel drive conversion in my head later so noo problem jaaast enjoy the damn car!  :driver: :drinking: :P

....Oh dear! It sounds as if TC was absolutely spot-on with his assessment.

Perhaps we should open a new section in the forum "How NOT to..."

I really wish, as I'm sure others here do as well, that I could contribute posts to help you but unfortunately your posts do my head in.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Sammy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email

Am just going to enjoy this new upgrade to myself and max it out how ever I can push it to the limits, yeah it's a FWD so I have 4 wheel drive conversion in my head later so noo problem jaaast enjoy the damn car!  :driver: :drinking: :P

....Oh dear! It sounds as if TC was absolutely spot-on with his assessment.

Perhaps we should open a new section in the forum "How NOT to..."

I really wish, as I'm sure others here do as well, that I could contribute posts to help you but unfortunately your posts do my head in.

Okay Robin no need to add more in now, Am not doing nothing wrong now since am changing my engine, Contributing to my posts are answering my question nothing further thanks

K04 power going on soon!

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Seriously does you Mum know you have gone and bought a car.  :chicken: I have been reading all these daft threads for weeks now and it has got to the point were i cringe with every new post.

Stop what you are doing

Put the keyboard and engine parts down in front of you and take 3 or 4 paces back. Have you not noticed in your life that things seem to go wrong (quite often ).
Your problem is not with the engine or the turbo, it is you who needs fixing. You just ploughed into engine and turbo upgrades with zero knowledge and no research whatsoever. You need to stop asking questions and actually read up on what you are trying to do so it can be planned properly. Your just fumbling around trying fix things you don't even know are broken, and convince yourself it will be alright because you think you can sell bits on again. 
here is a little analogy of you so far.

Hey guys bought a pair of shorts but you lot all seem to wear trousers. Can i just attach the bottom part so mine are the same as yours.

Yes you can, but first have a read up on the best way to do this, take em off and get someone who knows how to attach the new bits.

OK guys i think its gone wrong. I bought some second hand material off the INTERNET ( the guy said it was perfect ) stitched them on but they seem to be stuck together at the bottom and i cant walk. If i cut them off can i use them again or should i buy a skirt.

Take things back to as they were before you messed around and take them to a seamstress who knows what and how to attach them.

OK guys bought a new set of shorts and material gonna try again if my legs don't come out of the bottom when i try them on does this mean they are broken or is it just the zipper jammed.
Right forget the shorts i am going to just buy some trousers. Does anyone know if i should by slacks, flares or just jeans.  :stupid:

I am sorry if this sounds harsh but you really do need to get a grip of how you process information.  Every choice you make seems to be completely wrong.  :happy2:
Dude,i too have been reading you nonsense posts from the very beginning and have to echo what tc has said.People have given you plenty of advice on here which you have not adhered to, you ask questions, which when people reply you dont like what they have to say you spit your dummy out and go all defensive. As tc has said you seriously need to step back and have a look what you are doing or are trying to acheive. Sit down and have a look what you have spent so far, calculate what you are going to be spending in the future coz i can guarantee it will be costing you a lot more in the future. The axx engine will easily take a k04 turbo charger with no problems when mapped correctly. If you want to see what sort of power the r engine is capable of then take a look at teff's build thread, he has spent probably what the car cost him in the first place on mods alone, i dont know you personal circumstances but i think it would be pretty silly ploughing that sort of money into an 05 plate car. By the way, thats my opinion :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You

If you want to see what sort of power the r engine is capable of then take a look at teff's build thread, he has spent probably what the car cost him in the first place on mods alone, i dont know you personal circumstances but i think it would be pretty silly ploughing that sort of money into an 05 plate car. By the way, thats my opinion :happy2:

....Or you could spend 7 years spending on modding as much as the car originally cost, like wot I did.  :evilgrin: No regrets!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email

If you want to see what sort of power the r engine is capable of then take a look at teff's build thread, he has spent probably what the car cost him in the first place on mods alone, i dont know you personal circumstances but i think it would be pretty silly ploughing that sort of money into an 05 plate car. By the way, thats my opinion :happy2:

....Or you could spend 7 years spending on modding as much as the car originally cost, like wot I did.  :evilgrin: No regrets!

My modding will stop once I have reached the magic £3K on mods, I set myself a limit and I am sticking to it  :signLOL: I think  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Sammy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Well as you know my engine needs work on it for starters so the problem here is not running the k04 on a AXX rather talking about a full rebuild to make the k04 work with it, I have got quotes to around £1.3K Ish for just rebuild alone and i have found myself a R engine with 4K miles CHEAP which when fitted will cost me about £200-£300 more than a rebuild but then I will have a fresh much stronger engine and i can keep my car for much longer and not give a toss about reliability as it has a much more improved and revised engine.
And then dont forget I can still sell my old faulty engine off for at least £500-£600 and sell a spare K04 I have and overall the whole swap would only cost me about £600 ish make sense? Yes to me i dont see nothing but sense in what I am about to do, id like to hear your views now?

And yes Robin Il just go all out and do just what you did  :evilgrin:

K04 power going on soon!

Offline Sammy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email

A 05 plate car? Who cares 05 or 09 its still a gti and with the new engine going in it sure wont feel like it anymore once its tuned up, At the end of the day am not doing it to worry about the losses when it comes to selling am doing this for me and myself just for the pure fun  :driver:

K04 power going on soon!

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
Have you actually pin-pointed the problem...?

Does this really call for a rebuild or new engine...?
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Sammy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Have you actually pin-pointed the problem...?

Does this really call for a rebuild or new engine...?

This is where the problem stands now Dom, I have changed turbo and nothing solved oil is still dropping, on the turbo manifold looked like from cylinder 2 there was quite a lot of black soot and oil, realistically the engine needs to be stripped out and therefore I am going with better option for me

K04 power going on soon!

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
Well it could be a valve or something, surely cheaper option would be take the head of or use a scope into the cylinder No.2 to see whats going on, pin-pointing the specific problem and fixing that problem... than going wild and replacing the engine...?
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Sammy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Well it could be a valve or something, surely cheaper option would be take the head of or use a scope into the cylinder No.2 to see whats going on, pin-pointing the specific problem and fixing that problem... than going wild and replacing the engine...?

Yeah I could do this and that and go wild too and take it to him and her and still not solve anything, I had enough basically my head needs a break with a fresh new engine,
Taking the head may just mean useless costs my way and more frustrations
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:54:36 pm by Sammy »

K04 power going on soon!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You

I had enough basically my head needs a break with a fresh new engine, Taking the head may just mean useless costs my way and more frustrations

....My head needs a break too!

Sorry, Sammy, I must resist doing this to you! I best stop reading the thread and get my coat.

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Sammy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Yes lads I agree cars can be a total headache! But more fun so who cares just floor it again!!  :evilgrin:

K04 power going on soon!