All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Which wheels will fit on my golf?
SteveP:
They would look good in a darker colour on a silver car :happy2:
tom619:
any particular example?
tom619:
also, i did a bit of research and found this guys post about how his wheels stick out too much, how can i avoid this in lehmans terms please?
link to the post http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50195
Top Cat:
Those wheels you posted earlier will fit perfect as others have said. I always do my sums based on the Monza and ed 30 size. Which is
7.5 inches wide and 51 offset. Those wheels above are 8 inches wide so you have got to add 1/4 of an inch to the front and 1/4 of an inch to the back of the wheel, so that is 1/4 + 1/4 = 1/2
So just on the wheel width alone you would be adding about 6and a half mil to how far the wheel sticks out.
Then you have to add the offset which was 45 that is 6 mil more than the standard monza 51 take away 6 mil gives 45 offset.
So add this 6 mil offset to your 6 and a half mil extra wheel width and you get approx 12 and a half mil of wheel sticking out further than the Monza which is perfect as they are sat quite far in the arch. :rolleye:
I have some wheels coming soon which are about 18 mil further out, which is right on the border of fitting without any other arch alterations or camber. :fighting2:
Mark_GTIV:
--- Quote from: Top Cat on May 25, 2009, 09:42:04 pm ---
I have some wheels coming soon which are about 18 mil further out, which is right on the border of fitting without any other arch alterations or camber. :fighting2:
--- End quote ---
I think you'll struggle there TC. I'm currently running 8Jx18 CH with ET50 on a 12mm spacer which equals +13mm further out than the Monzas (if my sums are correct) because the damn 8mm H&R spacers haven't arrived from TTS Roadsport yet :sad: .
My car isn't as low as yours and I'm getting a small rub on compression, plus the wheel to my eye sticks out a touch too much.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version