All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Which wheels will fit on my golf?

<< < (3/9) > >>

tony_danza:
ET42 18x8 225 tyre.

I've now got 2 big holes in my front arch liners and I've forgotten how many times I've had a rubber mallet to the arch lip because they've pulled it.... still, it was funny doing it!

I'm ditching the liners and having the arches rolled  :angry015:

tom619:
ok i have no idea what arch liners are and no idea what getting them rolled is lol! im just looking for a straight swap without the need to change anything else, and without potential rubbing, and that don't stick out much to void curbing lol what should i be going for?

oh and i read something about rim protectors what are these?

Top Cat:

--- Quote from: Mark_GTIV on May 26, 2009, 09:37:36 am ---
--- Quote from: Top Cat on May 25, 2009, 09:42:04 pm ---
I have some wheels coming soon which are about 18 mil further out, which is right on the border of fitting without any other arch alterations or camber.  :fighting2:

--- End quote ---

I think you'll struggle there TC. I'm currently running 8Jx18 CH with ET50 on a 12mm spacer which equals +13mm further out than the Monzas (if my sums are correct) because the damn 8mm H&R spacers haven't arrived from TTS Roadsport yet  :sad: .

My car isn't as low as yours and I'm getting a small rub on compression, plus the wheel to my eye sticks out a touch too much.

--- End quote ---

I dont think your sums are correct Mark, you forgot to factor in the 1/2 inch extra wheel width which is a 1/4 inch to add to your total so yours at the minute are somewhere near 19 to 20 mil further out.  :happy2:

+ i have some camber adjust mounts to go on as well, as i fancy a bit off sump scrape.  :signIWS:  :laugh:

gazbutS3:
think your are correct TC :happy2:

Top Cat:

--- Quote from: gazbutS3 on May 26, 2009, 05:18:35 pm ---think your are correct TC :happy2:

--- End quote ---

Now there's a refreshing change.   :signIWS: :signLOL:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version