All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

GTIs are great at towing!

(1/2) > >>

TomB:
Its been one of those days today, I got woke up mega early with the delivery of my R32 brakes which came with no discs, I dropped a flowerpot all over a cream carpet and then my mum rang me to say she'd broken down at a set of lights in the sticks and she needed my help!

I got up there and worked out that she forgot her Ibiza Cupra was a TDI and brimmed the tank with petrol!  She'd only got about 1/4 mile from the filling station but these high pressure systems don't like running without lubrication!  Hopefully the fuel stopped flowing at the filter!

I towed it to a friends garage a few miles away across some horrible country roads to find he was in London and the place was shut up, back along the roads to another garage who refused to touch it, then back to another garage miles away who thankfully took it off our hands.

I was worried about ruining the clutch with all the hills and 10 miles of towing, but the GTI was great throughout, no struggles or slipping at all!  This car never fails to impress me!  :smiley:


On another note, the new bird on Countdown is getting hotter by the day, she's in a long jumper dress thats well short!  :drool:

Greeners:
Good to know  :happy2:

And even better she didn't run into the back of you to top your day off!  :rolleye:

joesgti:

--- Quote from: TomB on May 27, 2009, 04:02:40 pm ---Its been one of those days today, I got woke up mega early with the delivery of my R32 brakes which came with no discs, I dropped a flowerpot all over a cream carpet and then my mum rang me to say she'd broken down at a set of lights in the sticks and she needed my help!

I got up there and worked out that she forgot her Ibiza Cupra was a TDI and brimmed the tank with petrol!  She'd only got about 1/4 mile from the filling station but these high pressure systems don't like running without lubrication!  Hopefully the fuel stopped flowing at the filter!

I towed it to a friends garage a few miles away across some horrible country roads to find he was in London and the place was shut up, back along the roads to another garage who refused to touch it, then back to another garage miles away who thankfully took it off our hands.

I was worried about ruining the clutch with all the hills and 10 miles of towing, but the GTI was great throughout, no struggles or slipping at all!  This car never fails to impress me!  :smiley:


On another note, the new bird on Countdown is getting hotter by the day, she's in a long jumper dress thats well short!  :drool:


--- End quote ---

TomB:
I made my mum drive the GTI initially because my rear bumper is the only mint thing on the car!

Luckily I found someone male willing to brake and steer the Cupra allowing me to drive the GTI and get it there with no contact.  I'm not being sexist, but the last time I towed I watched my girlfriend who's a very good driver almost crash into our local M&S because she thought her car would steer itself, luckily the rope snapped and the brakes stopped it before she ended up in the food hall!

I need to get a towing bar to eliminate the risk, I heard ropes are now illegal so maybe we should arrange a group buy! ;)

Deal or No Deal's on now, I'm sure it'll be on 4oD later!  :wink:

BeezerDiesel:
Sounds like you had an eventful day Tom. Is that still the same Beezer Cupra that's been in the family a few years now? Will Mum be queuing up for a Bocanegra next?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version