All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

GTIs are great at towing!

<< < (2/2)

gulfstream11:
Nooooooooooo..No way the new bird is hotter than Vorders? :scared:

(sorry 46)

TomB:

--- Quote from: BeezerDiesel on May 28, 2009, 05:00:53 am ---Sounds like you had an eventful day Tom. Is that still the same Beezer Cupra that's been in the family a few years now? Will Mum be queuing up for a Bocanegra next?

--- End quote ---

It certainly is, 5 years old and only 20,000 miles, most of that was put on it by me :)

She had a new MX5, fantastic car but she was having trouble getting in and out of it, so she took the Cupra back and I PX'd the MX5 to get the Golf.

I've shown her the Bocanegra and she really likes it, but she's never had an auto and I think the DSG's going to put her off.


--- Quote ---Nooooooooooo..No way the new bird is hotter than Vorders?

(sorry 46)
--- End quote ---

Yeah Carols a lot hotter, but this new one's growing on me.  She's very posh, and that normally means very dirty!  :evilgrin:

BeezerDiesel:
Good to hear the Beezer is still going strong Tom, I thought that was what went in against the Golf. Apart from the general lack of refinement and handling I bet the Cupra would still give the GTI a proper run for it's money in REVO mode. That car will make a real second hand bargain for someone once your Mum has got fed up with it again.

TomB:
We got lucky, a drain and flush of the fuel system was all it needed! £170 including £20 of derv isn't too bad, considering what it could've been!

Yeah the Cupra's going to be a bargain for someone, in its current condition Glass's value it at only £5200. I had a dream that my girlfriend bought it off her, so maybe its a sign! 

Going from the Cupra to the Golf was a bit of a trade down in terms of speed, I miss the torque!  Come to think of it, the N/A 160bhp Mazda felt quicker than this Golf at times...I need Revo in my life again!

Greeners:
Good news then!  :happy2:

I don't thnk she'll be doing that again in a hurry!  :sad1:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version