All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Selling my car and want some oppinions what to get next

(1/4) > >>

savechip17:
boof, golf a goin.

it is a very well looked after 55 plate tdi sport - loads of extras (sunroof etc) - anyone know what i should be asking for it?

And....

I have 2 choices.  

1) get a car for about 4-6g little sporty number. 2 seater. and move into my own place (mate needs a new roomy)

2) Stay at home and spend about 7-12 on another motor.

Just looking for some oppinions on what to do. i really wana do option 1 as i wana move out again but love my cars too much.

Anyone got any ideas of what nice cheap cars i can get for around that mark. something with more poke too.


cheers lads

Shaun

tom619:
how many miles you got on it mate? any pictures? might be interested myself.

TomB:
Move out, and get yourself something from here: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?g=1&o=p&min=4000&max=6000&Submit=Search

Moving out was the best thing I ever did (2nd was getting the GTI!) and there are some seriously good cars in that budget :)

Boothy:
If I had that money to spend on a new motor and I wanted something rapid I'd get myself another Civic Type-R. You can get a decent 2002/2004 Type-R for under 5k theses days and there ain't much I can think of thats well built, reliable and very rapid if your willing to make it scream! It wasn't bad on juice either.

I had one for 3 years and my only gripe was that it was a bit too hardcore for the road but if you want an exciting fast car for peanuts that ain't ancient, look no further mate! :happy2:

TomB:
To be fair, my remapped Ibiza Cupra TDI would pull away from CTRs, it was super reliable and sipped fuel.  the handling was a bit scary at times but thats part of the fun! :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version