All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Small Suspension Problem

(1/2) > >>

Strat:
I have a small problem with my suspension.

When I go over particularly uneven road surface, big dip in the road or go over one of those nasty speed bumps which are quite savage, I get a knock noise, like something metalic clunks against something else. it only seems to happen when the suspension is required to travel a longer than normal distance. it seems to come from the driver's side front wheel, although i guess i could hear it wrong and it could be the passenger side.

anyway took the car in yday to the dealer to get it looked at and apparently they can't find anything wrong. i took the technician out before hand but sods law i couldn't get it to make the noise since the roads round the dealer are relatively smooth.

does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing the noise?

MAT ED30:
If it's a front knock it's the anti roll bar and clamps and get them to change drop links too and if it's rear noise it's the drop links

joesgti:
as mat said, mine whas banging all the time but my drop link had actually snapped off the susspension arm,  :sad1:

Strat:
ahh cool thanks.  :happy2:

i need the car today but they said bring it back if it continues (which it clearly will), so ill mention this stuff when I do. prob should have asked this before I took it in but hey!

x5pea:
sounds like ball joints or ARB links

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version