Make a donation

Author Topic: 2.0L TFSI K04 Revo Stage 1, 2, 2+ FOC Software Update  (Read 64133 times)

Offline Mandy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
Re: 2.0L TFSI K04 Revo Stage 1, 2, 2+ FOC Software Update
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2012, 01:15:01 pm »
Our software revisions have been tested on all variants of the 2.0TFSI K04 engined vehicles, the graphs were from an ED30.

We recommend using an up-rated FMIC in order to use full boost potential and not see excessive heatsoak, regardless heatsoak is always more prominent on a rolling road.

A HPFP upgrade has never been a requirement for Stage2 software. Revo adjustability is designed to allow the vehicle to be setup to maximise the potential of your car in the given conditions, fuel quality and for the hardware modifications and incorrectly setup car is never going to be 100%.
As per the original post new Stage2 software is designed around the limitations of the standard HPFP.

You can reliably run Stage2+ without an intercooler upgrade, however it is advised to run lower boost settings to prevent excessive heatsoak.

Can't believe I have only just seen this thread... :grin:

Does the above mean that if I go for an update, I can then strip out my APR pump and flog it (and hope I won't need it, like I first thought when I decided to go Stage2)?  :confused:  :signLOL:

Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2012, 01:18:43 pm »
Might aswell go for the stage 2+ Mandy !

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2012, 01:30:32 pm »

Stop encouraging me lol... Don't think it would be a good idea, like some others my Timing setting is low, 3 I think, always has been but not sure why. Don't want to go down the route of an intercooler etc either.

Not sure if it's worth me getting the update or not...
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2012, 01:40:20 pm »

We recommend using an up-rated FMIC in order to use full boost potential and not see excessive heatsoak, regardless heatsoak is always more prominent on a rolling road.

A HPFP upgrade has never been a requirement for Stage2 software. Revo adjustability is designed to allow the vehicle to be setup to maximise the potential of your car in the given conditions, fuel quality and for the hardware modifications and incorrectly setup car is never going to be 100%.

As per the original post new Stage2 software is designed around the limitations of the standard HPFP.

You can reliably run Stage2+ without an intercooler upgrade, however it is advised to run lower boost settings to prevent excessive heatsoak.

Does the above mean that if I go for an update, I can then strip out my APR pump and flog it (and hope I won't need it, like I first thought when I decided to go Stage2)?  :confused:  :signLOL:

....If you already have an APR pump installed it can do nothing but good in managing a car's fuelling needs. An APR pump will help smooth and reliable power delivery. It's rather like Revo have posted about their recommendation for an aftermarket intercooler - Not essential but it contributes.

If in doubt, ask JKM - You already know how reliable and helpful they are.  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2012, 04:35:55 pm »

Stop encouraging me lol... Don't think it would be a good idea, like some others my Timing setting is low, 3 I think, always has been but not sure why. Don't want to go down the route of an intercooler etc either.

I think 2+ is such a well worth transformation over stage 2. Bear in mind sunglasses Ron ran his stage 2+ with a stock FMIC, and that car was worked hard, and had quite a few miles on by the time he got rid. I ran mine for a year with the stock cooler aswell.

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2012, 10:24:01 pm »

....If you already have an APR pump installed it can do nothing but good in managing a car's fuelling needs. An APR pump will help smooth and reliable power delivery. It's rather like Revo have posted about their recommendation for an aftermarket intercooler - Not essential but it contributes.

If in doubt, ask JKM - You already know how reliable and helpful they are.  :happy2:

Yes I will probably give Kate a ring somewhen, thanks Robin. I just wouldn't see the point in keeping the APR pump if it's not 'needed' by the map, wouldn't seem like money well spent. (That could be decent handbag money we're talking about!) :grin:

I think 2+ is such a well worth transformation over stage 2. Bear in mind sunglasses Ron ran his stage 2+ with a stock FMIC, and that car was worked hard, and had quite a few miles on by the time he got rid. I ran mine for a year with the stock cooler aswell.

I see, but with my timing setting already low, I'm guessing it would only make things worse if I went 2+ with a stock IC.

I will have a little read about intercoolers.....

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2012, 11:20:39 pm »
It's a slippery slope, Mandy. Kev @ Revo, who has a huge amount of experience of modding, once told me that each of us has to draw our own line in the sand and then not cross it. Easier said than done but the more you push the performance envelope, the more is needed. It costs more and more money and you have to make sure you keep reliability and driveability. Do you really need more power than you already have from your Ed30?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2012, 01:18:44 pm »
Haha... Mandy, I'm in the same situation as you(funny that as we have the similar mods!)

I don't believe I'd want to remove the APR pump on the basis Revo have changed enough of their map to not require it, i.e requesting 130bar... And anyway if it's requesting 130bar and your pumps giving it, aslong as you're getting the AFR right then surely this will make more power than a map that requests less fuel... on the basis of more fuel/air=more power...

Like you i'm stage 2, and require an intercooler to go stage 2+, but still wonder if I just max out Stage 2 and start on suspension mods, or go the whole hog and jump to stage 2+ as I would have all the supporting gear to run reliably I believe.

There's hopefully going to be an Airtec GB coming up if you wanted a cheaper(still quality) intercooler option, and then you can decide stay at stage 2 and max out the settings or push for stage 2+...

But you know if I go stage 2+ then to keep our cars the same you will need to too!  :signLOL:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2012, 01:26:01 pm »

Haha... Mandy, I'm in the same situation as you(funny that as we have the similar mods!)

I don't believe I'd want to remove the APR pump on the basis Revo have changed enough of their map to not require it, i.e requesting 130bar... And anyway if it's requesting 130bar and your pumps giving it, aslong as you're getting the AFR right then surely this will make more power than a map that requests less fuel... on the basis of more fuel/air=more power...

Like you i'm stage 2, and require an intercooler to go stage 2+, but still wonder if I just max out Stage 2 and start on suspension mods, or go the whole hog and jump to stage 2+ as I would have all the supporting gear to run reliably I believe.

....Suspension/handling mods! Power is useless without traction.

I agree with your advice on the APR pump - It's not essential but a mod which gives headroom and contributes to a smoother power delivery.

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2012, 01:32:02 pm »

....Suspension/handling mods! Power is useless without traction.

I agree with your advice on the APR pump - It's not essential but a mod which gives headroom and contributes to a smoother power delivery.

Totally agree and the suspension mods i have planned will look after the power ;)

I just like the APR pump cos it gives me peace of mind its giving the fuel that's requested, but now i have heatsoak issues, which i want to address, it's like chasing my own tail... and if i have all the mods for stage 2+, why stay at stage 2... lol
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2012, 10:36:00 pm »
It's a slippery slope, Mandy. Kev @ Revo, who has a huge amount of experience of modding, once told me that each of us has to draw our own line in the sand and then not cross it. Easier said than done but the more you push the performance envelope, the more is needed. It costs more and more money and you have to make sure you keep reliability and driveability. Do you really need more power than you already have from your Ed30?

Lol, no not necessarily needing more power but just thinking that an IC would be a beneficial thing rather than a necessity, a bit like what you said about the HPFP:

There's hopefully going to be an Airtec GB coming up if you wanted a cheaper(still quality) intercooler option, and then you can decide stay at stage 2 and max out the settings or push for stage 2+...

But you know if I go stage 2+ then to keep our cars the same you will need to too!  :signLOL:

Lol Dom, sounds like it's inevitable that you'll be stage 2+ soon, so maybe I should stay at stage 2 just so we can differentiate between our cars. :signLOL:

To be honest though I can't see me going to stage 2+, with IC or not.  :happy2:

So does anybody know if the stage 2 software update still requests 130 bar? :smiley:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2012, 10:41:12 pm »
Mandy..

Let me know if you want to flog the APR pump ...I "might" be interested  :signLOL:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2012, 10:45:19 pm »
Mandy..

Let me know if you want to flog the APR pump ...I "might" be interested  :signLOL:

Ok Lee, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high... :laugh:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2012, 10:49:55 pm »
Just do it Mandy--you know you want to :grin:

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2012, 01:44:26 pm »
Sooo... I presume the linear and non-linear map give exactly the same torque/power but it is simply the delivery of it which is the only difference
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1