Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Select Switch Help Please  (Read 1213 times)

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Revo Select Switch Help Please
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:53:42 pm »
I have a Revo Select Switch (bottom of the range one) that I bought when I had my ED30 mapped to Stage 1.  I know how to switch between the standard and the Stage 1 map, but I don't really understand it beyond that.  I am buying a Golf R and I will probably get it Revo'd.  I have kept my Select Switch and was wondering if I can use this in the R to switch between Standard and Stage 1?  Do I have to re-insert any new Stage 1 boost, fuel and timing settings into the switch or does it literally just switch between the standard and Stage 1 maps that are stored in the ECU, picking up the settings that were inserted into the ECU when the map was put in? 

Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
Re: Revo Select Switch Help Please
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 09:18:07 am »
Yeah if it's just the switch then you are literally switching between the two... So once you have the revo map on the r you'll be able to switch between the two... You won't be able to change the boost/ timing/fuel settings...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 01:17:16 am »
all the switch does is change boost/timing/fuel, it doesn't carry the map.

When you put it to standard it puts everything to 0 apart from boost which its puts to 1.

You can use the handset on any revo car once revo has been loaded BUT if you cant plug the device into a pc and change the boost/timing/fuel numbers then they might be incorrect for an R.

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:29:15 am »
^^^ Thanks for your help.