Make a donation

Author Topic: Kwik Fit  (Read 1479 times)

hufcforpromotion

Kwik Fit
« on: June 01, 2009, 10:47:11 am »
Well the have done it again! Damaged 2 tyres this time removing them from some 19" rims I am refurbing! I have never seen 3 people struggle so much to remove tyres! Totally clueless! Damage was done by tyre lever! Same damage to both tyres but they did not tell me they had damaged the tyres and I was left to find out once I got home! Result tho as I have just spoke to them on the phone and they have ordered me 2 brand new Bridgestone tyres to replace the damaged one! I am happy as tyres that where removed had puncture repairs and 5mm to 6mm remaining! New tyres should be in for wednesday! I bet they are over £500 for the pair 235 35 19".  A very expensive mistake but they ain't arsed as they will just put an insurance claim thru and blame the equipment!

pics:-

WILLZIE

Re: Kwik Fit
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:05:53 am »
I think Kwik bodge Kwik Fit are useless, all a bunch of cowboys!
When I had the works van geting done, one of the mechanics came back into the car park and hand braked it! (customers car I do not know-either way there were half a dozen customers that saw it!)

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 11:13:11 am »
Thats terrible, but good news.

Goodyears are around £140 a tyre so a good result.

Offline Caz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • Golf GT Sport TDi - called Gordon
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 02:03:28 pm »
kwik fit are muppets!
".. in the process of learning the vw service trade!"

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 03:18:02 pm »
I think your far better off with an independant tyre company as a mistake like that will hurt them a lot more than Kwik Crap and as a result they may take a bit more care!

Good result in the end though!  :happy2: