All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Manual or DSG?

(1/7) > >>

gadge:
Im on the hunt for a decent gti with DSG, but a few people now have told me to sway away from DSG on used (out of warranty) cars as it can be problematic and costly. So is it better to stay to a manual?

neg:
I dont see you should stay away from DSG, manual's have their fair share of problems - ok DSG's can be more expensive if they do happen to go wrong but they are pretty reliable.

Wouldn't put me off.

true-blue:
In terms of enjoyment, I tried a 'non-paddle' DSG car and didn't like it, but when I tried a paddle shift DSG it all made sense and I don't think I'd go back to a manual out of choice now.

From a reliability point of view, my understanding is they are very strong boxes if serviced properly  :happy2:

neg:
Some cars with DSG without paddles are ok (diesels) but I must admit the Petrol engines are better with paddles for a better manual experience.

gadge:
Did you sell yours neg?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version