All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Car tax need advice...

(1/4) > >>

mortygttdi:
I got my tax v11 through some time ago but because my insurance was due the post office wouldn't tax my car even though I had a valid insurance and mot cert's,  Ive renewed my insurance with hastings £400 cheaper than Admiral :confused: but my cover note wont come through until prob tues now and my tax runs out tomorrow :scared:

Whats the best course of action,  would I be able to go down to my local leeds dvla tax office and get one from there seen has though they can check on the insurance database to make sure im insured,  was going to do it over the phone and got has far has insurance and mot where valid for tax??

Darren

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: mortygttdi on May 30, 2009, 04:11:23 pm ---I got my tax v11 through some time ago but because my insurance was due the post office wouldn't tax my car even though I had a valid insurance and mot cert's,  Ive renewed my insurance with hastings £400 cheaper than Admiral :confused: but my cover note wont come through until prob tues now and my tax runs out tomorrow :scared:

Whats the best course of action,  would I be able to go down to my local leeds dvla tax office and get one from there seen has though they can check on the insurance database to make sure im insured,  was going to do it over the phone and got has far has insurance and mot where valid for tax??

Darren

--- End quote ---

Do it online, The tax disc would arrive no later than Tuesday and if you were pulled you would be able to truly claim "it is in the post.

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

neg:
online is easy peasy + once your have applied and paid I imagine the ANPR/DVLA cameras would know your had tax if you got scanned.

Its hardly worth displaying a tax disc anymore really but you still have to otherwise you can risk a fine.

mortygttdi:
Done online now, thanks lads :drinking:

Going to have a well earned beer because ive been shatting myself.

Darren

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: mortygttdi on May 30, 2009, 05:55:39 pm ---Done online now, thanks lads :drinking:
Going to have a well earned beer because ive been shatting myself.
Darren

--- End quote ---

Hit the Thank you button then Morty :happy2:

Easy getting it done on line too. Don't even have to leave the comfort of the chair :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version