All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Car tax need advice...

<< < (2/4) > >>

mortygttdi:
there you go cheers

Darren

182_blue:
Always do mine online, so much easier than the old days  :happy2:

stealthwolf:
I did this last time (with the old car). No way to get to the PO in time (bank holiday weekend), so did it online and voila! Tax disc came in the post a few days later. No one said nothing.

funniest thing is whilst I was worried about driving to tescos with an invalid disc for one hour, a mate had been driving around with an invalid disc for about three months. Didn't realise till I pointed it out to him.

neg:
I had a new screen about 4months ago and not displayed one since - I know I should have just not got round to it.  Local PCSO even knocked on the door to ask if the Golf of the front was mine as it had no tax, I asked if he'd checked the database as you would see I had just I had not put it back in since swapping the screen - he said nothing else and jumped back on his mountain bike  :grin:

NeilM:
I have found a loop hole and can avoid paying car tax altogether, simply register your car as a disabled vehicle as all disabled products are VAT exempt.

Just follow these easy steps:

A) buy a large motocycle, a 950 Triumph Daytona is fine.
B) find a nice stretch of road with a large Beech tree close by.
C) bring A and B together.

On second thoughts F***it, pay the Tax.

 :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version