Make a donation

Author Topic: New Plans  (Read 11396 times)

Offline RobMKV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: New Plans
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 08:27:35 pm »
Yeh went a month or so ago, shame as wanted to keep it but it would have just sat all winter,
New Golf on the Way :D

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 08:30:03 pm »
So you just running the Mk5 at the minute?

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 08:32:50 pm »
Right guys just want you thoughts on this one. Subject to me selling my ED30 I will be getting a GT170 Diesel in Black 3dr, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I want to break away from the norm on this one and go for a euro look. I have found a few photos of what I want the car to look like. Please look at the link below (it is the black golf a quarter of the way down the page with deep dish wheels on and a belgium plate)  :laugh: :jumpmove:

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66&page=8

My new car will have the exact same rear bumper as the one pictured (votex) and I would like the bottom half of the bumper smoothed into the top half (no gaps) exactly as the owner of this car has done. I also want the number plate recess made smaller to fit a smaller style plate  :jumpmove: I am also not going to have 4 hideous exhaust pipes, I dont want mine to be visible at all, oh an also smoked R32 rear lights. Now onto the wheels, I have got a price on the exact ones pictured and they aint too pricey so I am either going to go for these or BBS LM replicas in a 19' fitment. I would like your guys thoughts on my plans and also any recommendations on wheels type or any cosmetic modifications that could be improved upon  :happy2:
hi mate if your selling the edition 30 do you want to sell your carbonio ?? i would be really interested  :happy2:

Offline RobMKV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 08:41:50 pm »

Yep although ive not driven it for awhile, while i had to sort the Audi out, Lupo GTi has gone now which
was a great car.

Do you still have the Mk2 mate?

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 08:47:05 pm »

Yep although ive not driven it for awhile, while i had to sort the Audi out, Lupo GTi has gone now which
was a great car.

Do you still have the Mk2 mate?

Yeh and hopefully will be holding on to it. A mate has offered to garage it for me so will be being tucked up for the worst of the winter soon  :happy2:

Offline RobMKV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 09:04:40 pm »
Thats the problem with Mk1 and Mk2s need to be stored, the daily drives will be ok on the parked up, not got a garage  :sad:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 09:07:33 pm »
Nipped home for lunch did we?  :laugh:

I was drooling over those at MPH  :drool: :drool:

Offline RobMKV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 09:13:33 pm »
I was made to deliver it, goes quite well -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xJMQreA3Djg

PS. sorry for thread hijack.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:15:46 pm by RobMKV »

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 09:19:28 pm »
I was made to deliver it, goes quite well -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xJMQreA3Djg

PS. sorry for thread hijack.

:signLOL: :signLOL:

Awesome car Rob, Jammy git!  :grin:

Sorry, we'll leave this thread alone now  :wink:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 10:30:20 pm »
sorry one more off topic comment

WOW WOW AND WOW!!!!!

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 10:05:18 am »
is it me or do the rs6 wheels in black look good on the black mk5 mmmm might look better on a white ed30  :drool:

Yeah I thought they looked brilliant aswell Mat. Like you say they would look really well on an ED30 but they would have to be 19's and the car on coilies  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 10:09:31 am »
I'll be sorry to see the only other custom-code phase 2  car go, but can understand your personal reasoning.

The Euro look you are after looks like you are going for the smoothed look too, maybe remove the side door mouldings too. An easy mod which looks very subtle too. :happy2:

Damn those diesels for being frugal :fighting:

Yeah I will be sad to see it go John but hey ho. I am in the process of starting a new job which promises a lot more for me so when I get settled I will be back in a GTI again. Hopefully the GTI-R if it comes  :jumpmove:

Yeah the smooth look is what im after and the side mouldings will be going aswell. I think I am gonna go for the LM reps in a 19'. Greenhouse mentioned that the car that was in the link had had some serious work on the arches, I dont wanna go that extent i.e. extensions etc. so the LM's will do fine. What do you think about having the centres of the LM's done in gloss black  :rolleye: :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 10:11:30 am »
Right guys just want you thoughts on this one. Subject to me selling my ED30 I will be getting a GT170 Diesel in Black 3dr, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I want to break away from the norm on this one and go for a euro look. I have found a few photos of what I want the car to look like. Please look at the link below (it is the black golf a quarter of the way down the page with deep dish wheels on and a belgium plate)  :laugh: :jumpmove:

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66&page=8

My new car will have the exact same rear bumper as the one pictured (votex) and I would like the bottom half of the bumper smoothed into the top half (no gaps) exactly as the owner of this car has done. I also want the number plate recess made smaller to fit a smaller style plate  :jumpmove: I am also not going to have 4 hideous exhaust pipes, I dont want mine to be visible at all, oh an also smoked R32 rear lights. Now onto the wheels, I have got a price on the exact ones pictured and they aint too pricey so I am either going to go for these or BBS LM replicas in a 19' fitment. I would like your guys thoughts on my plans and also any recommendations on wheels type or any cosmetic modifications that could be improved upon  :happy2:
hi mate if your selling the edition 30 do you want to sell your carbonio ?? i would be really interested  :happy2:

I will be keeping everything on the car mate. The map is not changeable and it is completely custom to all the modifications  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 01:55:22 pm »
If you can get your new one looking anything like that one Tom you are on to a winner in my eyes i think its stunning, I have been looking at getting that back bumper but the exhaust placement is a problem.  :chicken:

That car gets a    from me.  :love:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 02:21:06 pm »
Hopefully I will be getting my teeth into it sooner rather than later! Just need to get rid of mine, going to put it in Autotrader today because Pistonheads is doing nothing for me! Went to look at the car I am hoping to get yesterday and it does not have the Votex kit on which I thought it did, it has the ED30 rear bumper and front splitter, even better! All it needs is some GTI skirts to finish it off before the smoothing ensues  :jumpmove: :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic