All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Service Light
hammyhammer:
Hi,
I bought my GTi new Apr last year and was advised is on the long life service. However, over the weekend the service light has come on car has only done 200 miles short of 10k. Is this anything to worry about as I have topped up the oil with the long life oil? :scared:
Not to fussed about an early service as I took out the service pack for 3 yrs (£200).
Cheers
bennylenny88:
nah dont worry bout it mate
the light only comes on because its set to a certin amount of miles.. if you want to take the service light off :
1.hold the 0.0
2. turn the key to electrics on
3. when service now comes on...
4. let go of 0.0 and push M once
Mark_GTIV:
--- Quote from: hammyhammer on June 01, 2009, 09:41:07 am ---Hi,
I bought my GTi new Apr last year and was advised is on the long life service. However, over the weekend the service light has come on car has only done 200 miles short of 10k. Is this anything to worry about as I have topped up the oil with the long life oil? :scared:
Not to fussed about an early service as I took out the service pack for 3 yrs (£200).
Cheers
--- End quote ---
If the service light came on - go get it serviced. It may not be on a long life regime and therefore needs it's service at 10K Miles or because of the way the car has been used, the oil quality sensor on the long life is advising it needs to be serviced.
bacillus:
I wouldn't do what the above poster suggests atm.
Get your dealer to look at it as you may not be on longlife (unlikely as it's over 12 months from purchase) or it's on longlife service but you do lots of short journeys and your oil may actually need changing.
Caz:
if the lights come on at this time it must have been set to t&d not longlife.
if you wanted it set to longlife i suggest you take it back to the dealer and ask them to re set the light for another 10k, taking it to 20k when it will need serviced, so it will be inline with the longlife regime.
service lights can come on early due to types of journeys undertaken and therefore oil quality..
if your set to t&d then go get it serviced, espec if your on vw service plan.. :smiley:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version