All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Service Light

<< < (2/2)

Top Cat:
I am confident it wont have been set to time and date, you basically have to ask for it to be set to T&D it gets set longlife by default.
There is a misconception about these services everybody assumes that because its on long life it wont need doing for at least a year or so many thousand miles.
If you do lots of short journeys and like to put your foot down, then it will shorten the service interval.
In a lot of cases with the GTI, it is cheaper to be on time and date as the long life service costs a bit more and comes round more frequently than T&D.
All this being said it is strongly advised that on turbo powered cars you should get it serviced annually and not wait for 15000 miles to come round.  :smiley:

gazbutS3:
I have all my VAG cars set to T&D then ask for longlife oil to be used :smiley:

hammyhammer:
Thanks everyone for responses...car is booked in for a week on sat.

Daily commute is 8-9 miles which may explain it.  Speaking to the service desk they think it is due to me taking the service pack that it was time limited.

Main concern was if I put the wrong oil in

vRStu:
I know when Skoda did the free servicing offer on the Octavia it was for 3 T&D services (30k miles) however I think all of the cars were left on variable which is the factory default.  I always had mine done at 10k simply because of the higher power output etc.

I much prefer T&D to variable and was also advised by the MasterTech at Audi to run mine on T&D.

hammyhammer:
thanks....i was against the 18 mths service seems a bit long to me so quite happy - like to keep her in tip top condition  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version