Make a donation

Author Topic: Vibrating steering wheel  (Read 4104 times)

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: Vibrating steering wheel
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 07:19:50 pm »
It will be ok on the dyno

Anybody else know for certain that it be ok on the dyno at r-tech??

Not sure nick will be happy sitting 3ft away from a vibrating wheel while the car is doing 110mph  :scared:

Best pop into a reputable tyre place and get them rebalanced. Should be around £20

Graeme
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 07:26:01 pm »
How bad is the vibration?

Is it low level, or is it fierce and actually shakes the hell out your arms as the latter will be dangerous on the dyno.

That said even low level vibration is going to affect your dyno run, spend a few £s and get it sorted.

I have no doubt that if the tyre place is reputable they will do it for free, it could be something as simple as the weight coming off as you drove away.

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 07:41:50 pm »

Is it low level, or is it fierce and actually shakes the hell out your arms as the latter will be dangerous on the dyno.

That said even low level vibration is going to affect your dyno run, spend a few £s and get it sorted.

I have no doubt that if the tyre place is reputable they will do it for free, it could be something as simple as the weight coming off as you drove away.

Spending money to sort it out ain't a problem but I've just don't have the time on monday

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 07:49:11 pm »

Spending money to sort it out ain't a problem but I've just don't have the time on monday

Well IMO you really need to explain the whole vibration thing to the dyno guys and let them decide if its safe or not.

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 01:46:08 pm »
found out in the end that one of the front wheels have a slight buckle so changed it round to the rear but vibrating steering wheel has not gone,just a little less

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map