Make a donation

Author Topic: Hurdy's Golf .:R.  (Read 674288 times)

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Hurdy's Golf .:R
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2012, 09:54:23 am »
Car looks great but swapping the 19'' alloys for 18''. :scared:.One of the best things about the R are those 19'' alloys in my book. :smiley:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2012, 09:56:49 am »
Great new ride John, good to see you back in a Golf. I can't wait to see where you go with this :happy2:

Offline Dp_Ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2012, 10:14:57 am »
Car looks great but swapping the 19'' alloys for 18''. :scared:.One of the best things about the R are those 19'' alloys in my book. :smiley:

19s for show, 18s for go  :happy2:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2012, 10:25:57 am »
Looks lovely John, great colour choice too! Makes a change from either white or that blue graphite pearl!

Having seen your previous cars you've obviously got the 'nack' for modifying cars. Your ED30 and Polo were superb, and you really seem to strive to be different when you modify them and not just go with the 'usual' modifications. That being said, I can't help but be a bit disappointed that you've bought a Golf R.

I look forward to the day when you try your hand at something different to either a Golf or a Polo/VW hatchback of sorts as I think you could add a whole world of creativity and individuality to a different platform. Obviously I know that there are a lot more factors to consider, be it base price, costs to maintain and modify a particular car, potential vs cost etc - all factors that a Golf excels at to be fair, and I guess that's why you've gone for one again!

:smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline cal tdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
  • dub or die
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2012, 10:47:59 am »
A 400bhp touran wouldn't handle quite as well as a golf with 4wd even though it would be a bit different.
Viva la golf!!!!
Candy weiß Mk6 GTI - Stage 2

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2012, 10:49:33 am »
Congratulations on the purchase John - I hope it brings you a lot of joy :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2012, 12:09:06 pm »
STUNNING JOHN  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Is that really Steel Grey??? Those photos make the paint look almost Reflex Silver.  :ashamed:

Is yours like this John?….

Yes in the flesh steel grey does look more like that colour :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2012, 12:10:08 pm »
Don't get milltek, the APR demo car had that system, sound doesn't do the car justice  :scared:

Hmm, any suggestions?
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2012, 12:13:30 pm »
Looks lovely John, great colour choice too! Makes a change from either white or that blue graphite pearl!

Having seen your previous cars you've obviously got the 'nack' for modifying cars. Your ED30 and Polo were superb, and you really seem to strive to be different when you modify them and not just go with the 'usual' modifications. That being said, I can't help but be a bit disappointed that you've bought a Golf R.

I look forward to the day when you try your hand at something different to either a Golf or a Polo/VW hatchback of sorts as I think you could add a whole world of creativity and individuality to a different platform. Obviously I know that there are a lot more factors to consider, be it base price, costs to maintain and modify a particular car, potential vs cost etc - all factors that a Golf excels at to be fair, and I guess that's why you've gone for one again!

:smiley:

I thought of several other cars, but it always came back to the Golf R.  :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2012, 12:15:13 pm »
Don't get milltek, the APR demo car had that system, sound doesn't do the car justice  :scared:

Hmm, any suggestions?

Ask markymark what he thinks of mark Kelsalls RoccoR system, it sounded amazing  :evilgrin:

BCS ftw John  :happy2:  I'm sure after a look at a system and chat with Nige you'll be sold

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2012, 12:37:51 pm »
Got to agree the miltek is pretty quiet on the 2tfsi, although its a good motorway cruiser for the little one kipping in the back, the best ive heard is the APR RSC although im not sure if they are available for the golf R, tbh im thinking of removing the miltek for the apr spitfire system !!

Are you going straight in or leaving it standard for a while ?
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2012, 12:43:44 pm »

Hmm, any suggestions?

Ask markymark what he thinks of mark Kelsalls RoccoR system, it sounded amazing  :evilgrin:

BCS ftw John  :happy2:  I'm sure after a look at a system and chat with Nige you'll be sold

Nothing on their site for a golf R.  :sad1:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2012, 12:44:46 pm »
Got to agree the miltek is pretty quiet on the 2tfsi, although its a good motorway cruiser for the little one kipping in the back, the best ive heard is the APR RSC although im not sure if they are available for the golf R, tbh im thinking of removing the miltek for the apr spitfire system !!

Are you going straight in or leaving it standard for a while ?

It will be standard when I collect it! :evilgrin:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2012, 01:11:00 pm »

It will be standard when I collect it! :evilgrin:

....But is very unlikely to be when it next leaves Hurdy's garage at home, even if it's just coilpacks.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2012, 01:12:39 pm »

Hmm, any suggestions?

Nothing on their site for a golf R.  :sad1:
John, it maybe worth contacting Nigel direct to see if he needs a development mule, im sure you wont be disappointed :happy2: