Make a donation

Author Topic: Detail My Ride - Ft Dan the Mans Tornado whip!  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Detail My Ride - Ft Dan the Mans Tornado whip!
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:06:23 pm »
Hi Guys!

Apologies in advance as I will be catching up with a few write ups over the next few days!  :wink:

Dan wanted us to enhance the look of his beautifully modded GTI as detailing hadn't really been high on his list of priorities recently and she was looking a little neglected. So we booked her in for an enhancement detail the aim was to simply remove any light swirl marks and defects present, and enhance the gloss/appearance of the paintwork which looking a little tired!

A few shots of the car on arrival:

Nice!

The car was fully washed/decontaminated, including a full 2BM wash, Iron X/Tardis and Clay. Wheels were fully cleaned/decontaminated also, along with door shuts, wheel arches, panel gaps etc. Nothing major to report, just a little iron contamination and some tar too!

With the car fully clean, it was time to crack on with the paintwork.

After a few test combinations the paint was responding well to Meguiars D-100 and MF pads via DA, so we opted for this as a correction combo. The finish was then refined with Dodo Juice Lime Prime via Yellow 3M on DA also.

A few quick shots showing the correction achieved!

Before:

After: (pre refinement)

50/50 of the wing, which had a few sanding pig tails following a recent trip to the bodyshop!

Not forgetting the lights:

Before:

After:

LSP of choice was Dodo Juice Orange Crush, 2 thin layers applied with 24 hours between to give optimum coverage. Finishing touches complete including glass, exhaust tips etc we rolled her out into the glorious sunshine for some after pictures! Enjoy!

Thanks for looking guys!

Nath & Gaz

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
Re: Detail My Ride - Ft Dan the Mans Tornado whip!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:57:43 pm »
Now that is looking really nice. For a light correction the final result is outstanding. Good work guys  :congrats:

Saintsteve

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:01:42 pm »
Great work chaps. I know Dan would of been absolutely made up with results   :happy2:

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 10:15:24 pm »
Great write up  :happy2:  Love having no more swirls  :party: big thanks to nath and gaz for pampering the ol' girl  :congrats:  my paintwork has been transformed!  :drinking:

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 10:20:54 pm »
Great work chaps. I know Dan would of been absolutely made up with results   :happy2:

Not half steve, car was so in need of a correction, just scared to wash it now  :signLOL:

Saintsteve

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 06:20:34 am »

Not half steve, car was so in need of a correction, just scared to wash it now  :signLOL:

No the feeling...don't even wanna get in it, let alone drive it :signLOL: