Make a donation

Author Topic: Whos got a hybrid??  (Read 8065 times)

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
Whos got a hybrid??
« on: August 25, 2012, 01:37:35 am »
I'm seriously thinking of getting a turbo Dynamics md507 hybrid for my ed30...just want to hear from forum members that been down this hybrid route before I decide if it's worth doing..

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
Re: Whos got a hybrid??
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 01:51:14 pm »
Aren't you interested in the Loba LO4XX then?
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49891.0.html
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 04:57:17 pm »
Aren't you interested in the Loba LO4XX then?
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49891.0.html

Yeah, I'm intreasted until I found out the price...stattlers said that it be over 3grand for the turbo&  I need a uprated intank fuel pump,uprated injectors,etc,etc..works out to be around 4+grand...

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 05:21:17 pm »
A little off topic, but how do you find the BCS exhaust Dan?

And back on topic, realistically to get the best out of a hybrid you would still need RS4 injectors and a LPFP, so the only difference would be the price of the hybridisation of the turbodynamics one compared to a new Loba L04XX. Bear in mind you would have a K04 to sell if you went with the Loba. If you went with the Turbo Dynamics one you'd be donating yours to be hybridised at over £1k or having a new one at over £2k, So the price difference is about £1k to £1.5k, but the Loba is much more than "just a hybrid" :wink:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 05:36:46 pm »
the LO4xx is very expensive, but i think Si at LOBA will be dropping the price of the LO370 turbos so thats an option as well

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 06:52:10 pm »
the LO4xx is very expensive, but i think Si at LOBA will be dropping the price of the LO370 turbos so thats an option as well

Good point  :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 07:05:04 pm »

And back on topic, realistically to get the best out of a hybrid you would still need RS4 injectors and a LPFP, so the only difference would be the price of the hybridisation of the turbodynamics one compared to a new Loba L04XX. Bear in mind you would have a K04 to sell if you went with the Loba. If you went with the Turbo Dynamics one you'd be donating yours to be hybridised at over £1k or having a new one at over £2k, So the price difference is about £1k to £1.5k, but the Loba is much more than "just a hybrid" :wink:

Rumour was the likes of turbo dynamics wanted a 'perfect' ko4 in exchange but i can't see it costing near what the loba conversion is going to cost

Which hybrid did you have on you edition30 John?  Did you find it made a nice difference? (not in comparison to loba and before NOS lol)

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 08:26:58 pm »

What is a LPFP?

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 08:28:22 pm »

The BCS is very good..nice & quite when going easy but a nice deep roar when giving it the beans

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 08:30:08 pm »

What is a LPFP?

Low Pressure Fuel Pump = LPFP  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 08:32:26 pm »

What is a LPFP?

I've got a Apr pump fitted to the car,or is it something different

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 09:04:07 pm »

What is a LPFP?

APR HPFP= High Pressure Fuel Pump
Totally different, APR pumps sits on the engine and makes the pressure for the fuelrail. LPFP sits in the fueltank and delivers the fuel to the HPFP  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 09:38:34 pm »

What is a LPFP?

APR HPFP= High Pressure Fuel Pump
Totally different, APR pumps sits on the engine and makes the pressure for the fuelrail. LPFP sits in the fueltank and delivers the fuel to the HPFP  :happy2:

How much is a LPFP

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 02:49:02 am »
Lpfp is about £200-250. Cheaper if you Uprated the internals of the existing pump.

Mike, I didn't have a hybrid on mine, but Steve and Craig did and I saw most of the fitting and development they went through when running them. That's the benefit of living less than 4 miles away from a good tuning place.  :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 11:17:38 am »
Lpfp is about £200-250. Cheaper if you Uprated the internals of the existing pump.

Mike, I didn't have a hybrid on mine, but Steve and Craig did and I saw most of the fitting and development they went through when running them. That's the benefit of living less than 4 miles away from a good tuning place.  :happy2:

I can post up a Dyno graph of my old T-dynamics hybrid if anyone's interested, just bear in mind I still ran an Autotech rail + RS4 injectors and a walbro Lift pump to support the power, we ran over 400hp and more again when we fitted WMI.
All this was done and dusted over 2 years ago.
Revo have a 2+ file to support the fueling with this turbo now, I used a GIAC custom back then
You'll run out of fuel with stock injectors if you want more than 2+ power, if you try to tune the hybrid with the stock injectors and keep it safe it's not worth bothering with unless your only after 10-20 hp more but you'll not feel it at all.